snepspell
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by saharali005)
Hi! I received 98887766 in GCSE (all IGCSE except English) and 2710 band 2 in the UCAT. But I don't know how my predicted are going to go. What do you think? because I want to apply to kent and medway
if you go on the website, predicted grades are not considered by kmms whatsoever. your ucat is excellent for kmms so you should be okay in terms of academics and ucat
an4nya
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I am a gap year reapplicant trying to choose which 4 med schools to apply to. Obviously no one here will definitely know but do you think I have a chance of an interview at KMMS with these stats?

GCSEs:
Maths - 8
English Language - 7 (resit after getting 5)
English Literature - 7
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 7
Physics - 6
Geography - 8
French - 7
Art - 6

A Levels: (achieved)
Maths - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A

UCAT: (didn't do as well as expected so holding me back a bit)
Overall = 2640
VR - 670
DM - 670
QR - 710
AR - 590
SJT - band 3

Work Experience:
- Worked as an infection control cleaner, from the start of the first lockdown, in a local hospital; worked in many areas including A&E, labour & delivery and surgical theatres. Also would hostess sometimes so got more time for patient interaction during that role. Whilst cleaning in A&E, I wouldn't have much to do most of the time so junior doctors would let me observe as they knew I wanted to go into medicine.
- Volunteered at a performing arts club for people with disabilities for 2 years.
- Volunteered at a Mencap youth group for children with disabilities.
- An Ear4U2 mentor at school for pupils in the lower years who had mental illnesses.

Contextual Offers:
I am applicable at some unis because of my school however, my postcode is quintile 3 so not all unis because I only fit one part of the criteria at most offering contextual offers.

Many thanks in advance!
Mike Ikladios
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by an4nya)
Hi, I am a gap year reapplicant trying to choose which 4 med schools to apply to. Obviously no one here will definitely know but do you think I have a chance of an interview at KMMS with these stats?

GCSEs:
Maths - 8
English Language - 7 (resit after getting 5)
English Literature - 7
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 7
Physics - 6
Geography - 8
French - 7
Art - 6

A Levels: (achieved)
Maths - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A

UCAT: (didn't do as well as expected so holding me back a bit)
Overall = 2640
VR - 670
DM - 670
QR - 710
AR - 590
SJT - band 3

Work Experience:
- Worked as an infection control cleaner, from the start of the first lockdown, in a local hospital; worked in many areas including A&E, labour & delivery and surgical theatres. Also would hostess sometimes so got more time for patient interaction during that role. Whilst cleaning in A&E, I wouldn't have much to do most of the time so junior doctors would let me observe as they knew I wanted to go into medicine.
- Volunteered at a performing arts club for people with disabilities for 2 years.
- Volunteered at a Mencap youth group for children with disabilities.
- An Ear4U2 mentor at school for pupils in the lower years who had mental illnesses.

Contextual Offers:
I am applicable at some unis because of my school however, my postcode is quintile 3 so not all unis because I only fit one part of the criteria at most offering contextual offers.

Many thanks in advance!
KMMS do alot of contextualising, so for example if your GCSEs are considerably higher than your schools average is what they are looking for I think.

You can find your schools attainment score on the government website, and someone put a supposed formula to find you own attainment score somewhere in this thread. Ive done that and my schools score is 53, and my score was around 70 i think, but i have no idea if thats good enough or not, so maybe calculate that and see if your score is well above your secondary school.
studentLuna
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mike Ikladios)
KMMS do alot of contextualising, so for example if your GCSEs are considerably higher than your schools average is what they are looking for I think.

You can find your schools attainment score on the government website, and someone put a supposed formula to find you own attainment score somewhere in this thread. Ive done that and my schools score is 53, and my score was around 70 i think, but i have no idea if thats good enough or not, so maybe calculate that and see if your score is well above your secondary school.
Could you share the formula please?
Also this is what it states on my school’s attainment website ‘Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, most exams and assessments did not take place in 2019/20 or 2020/21. As a result of this, the government announced that it would not publish school or college level results data in autumn 2020 or autumn 2021. Information on what this means for the way school and college accountability will operate for 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 can be found here.’ so is just the data not possible to be seen by the wider public?
Last edited by studentLuna; 3 weeks ago
estellars
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PastelColours)
KMMS says it doesnt allow resits so what if I already have AAB but im resitting the B in autumn for my other 3 med schools is that still allowed? because my achieved grade and my pending grade is all on my ucas application ty
Hi
Idk if anyones replied to you yet but I emailed them and they said if you got the grades in the right subjects its not an issue and they would consider the application
But email admissions just in case
PastelColours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by estellars)
Hi
Idk if anyones replied to you yet but I emailed them and they said if you got the grades in the right subjects its not an issue and they would consider the application
But email admissions just in case
completely forgot I even posted this, I called them and said it was fine, ty for your response
barksdale_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello,

How does KMMS choose offer holders? Only interview score or Academic + Interview score?
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys,
Does anyone how KMMS are interviewing this year?
MAY2222222
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mike Ikladios)

hi how did you calculate your score
Sezieeeee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I'm struggling on deciding whether it would be a good idea for me to apply here.
I have achieved A levels A*AB, I am resitting the B subject this autumn however Kent is more of a back up in case I don't achieve the A grade (I currently have an offer being held from Manchester depending on my resit result). Kent do consider A*AB and I feel my UCAT of 2640 band 1 would be safe, however I have just learnt about the fact they contextualise grades, and I went to a grammar school and high performing college, so would this mean my application would be 'disadvantaged' against other students applying? UCAS deadline is veryyyy soon so if anyone could give me any insight I'd really appreciate it
Last edited by Sezieeeee; 2 weeks ago
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
Hi guys,
Does anyone how KMMS are interviewing this year?
Hey, they said they’re aiming to do in person ones but if it comes to it they’ll change to online but they obvs can’t tell at this stage x
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sezieeeee)
Hi, I'm struggling on deciding whether it would be a good idea for me to apply here.
I have achieved A levels A*AB, I am resitting the B subject this autumn however Kent is more of a back up in case I don't achieve the A grade (I currently have an offer being held from Manchester depending on my resit result). Kent do consider A*AB and I feel my UCAT of 2640 band 1 would be safe, however I have just learnt about the fact they contextualise grades, and I went to a grammar school and high performing college, so would this mean my application would be 'disadvantaged' against other students applying? UCAS deadline is veryyyy soon so if anyone could give me any insight I'd really appreciate it
No one really knows how they contextualise but if you feel that your performance is significantly higher compared to the rest of your year/school’s past attainment then I’d apply but if not then I wouldn’t especially if you have safer options as a backup instead of Kent. Your ucat is pretty good so I’m sure you can find more options because it does seem quite risky. Sorry I can’t be more help
Last edited by glabib; 2 weeks ago
Sezieeeee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by glabib)
No one really knows how they contextualise but if you feel that your performance is significantly higher compared to the rest of your year/school’s past attainment then I’d apply but if not then I wouldn’t especially if you have safer options as a backup instead of Kent. Your ucat is pretty good so I’m sure you can find more options because it does seem quite risky. Sorry I can’t be more help
Thank you that was really helpful
sofia333
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied to Kent and they have already asked me for further proof (they asked me for my degree transcript), isn't it too early, is it normal?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sofia333)
I applied to Kent and they have already asked me for further proof (they asked me for my degree transcript), isn't it too early, is it normal?
It's normal that they will ask you eventually, and they can ask you any time after you submitted so it's bound to happen eventually.

I wouldn't read too much into this.
DadofMedic?
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone managed to upload extenuating circumstances form to KentVision - I can't work out how to do it.
Denesha25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am a gap year applicant and Kent is one of my options.
I got 2560 Band 1 in the UCAT, 888777776 in my top 9 GCSEs, and went to a grammar school.
I have no contextual points - extenuating circumstances but need to fill in the form after applications
I got an A in chemistry and currently doing resits

Will my ucat and achieved grades be good enough? Thank you for any help given
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi quick question ecolier becausethenight GANFYD
Can we expect KMMS UCAT threshold to only rise by a little bit? As last year it was the 44th percentile (2470) which would be this years 2450 but with the increased number of applicants is it likely to go above 2530?

Thank you.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
Hi quick question ecolier becausethenight GANFYD
Can we expect KMMS UCAT threshold to only rise by a little bit? As last year it was the 44th percentile (2470) which would be this years 2450 but with the increased number of applicants is it likely to go above 2530?

Thank you.
KMMS was one of the few med school that actually had reduced competition ratios for 2021/22 entry compared to 2020/21.

I imagine that their competition ratio will be as high / higher this year compared to last.
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
KMMS was one of the few med school that actually had reduced competition ratios for 2021/22 entry compared to 2020/21.

I imagine that their competition ratio will be as high / higher this year compared to last.
Ah. Do you think it would be more risky for me to apply at KMMS than ARU with these stats:
GCSEs 88877777666 (Biology,DT,RE,Eng Lit,Chemistry,Physics,Geography,Maths,Eng Lang, Further Math, French respectively)
UCAT 2530 band 2 (600 VR, 640 DM, 620 QR, 670 AR)
A-levels predicted: AAA (biology, chemistry and economics)
WE/Volunteering/Programmes: Pathways to medicine (Newcastle), MedView (KCL), SFM, ! week at PLT + A&E ward, Medic Mentor Virtual WEX 6 months, BSMS, Observe GP, volunteering at care home, tutoring/mentoring younger children, prefect, school council, volunteering at COVID vaccination centre + campaigner.
Contextual: Polar quintile 2, First generation to go to uni, state school

Thank you.

Edit tag: GANFYD becausethenight TCL
Last edited by studentLuna; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (312)
57.88%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.1%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (60)
11.13%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.35%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.82%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.71%

Watched Threads