ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
Ah. Do you think it would be more risky for me to apply at KMMS than ARU with these stats:
GCSEs 88877777666 (Biology,DT,RE,Eng Lit,Chemistry,Physics,Geography,Maths,Eng Lang, Further Math, French respectively)
UCAT 2530 band 2 (600 VR, 640 DM, 620 QR, 670 AR)
A-levels predicted: AAA (biology, chemistry and economics)
WE/Volunteering/Programmes: Pathways to medicine (Newcastle), MedView (KCL), SFM, ! week at PLT + A&E ward, Medic Mentor Virtual WEX 6 months, BSMS, Observe GP, volunteering at care home, tutoring/mentoring younger children, prefect, school council, volunteering at COVID vaccination centre + campaigner.
Contextual: Polar quintile 2, First generation to go to uni, state school

Thank you.
I wouldn't know so would defer this Q to the other experts.
studentLuna
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I wouldn't know so would defer this Q to the other experts.
Apologies I’ll tag the others but thank you.
lamiece
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could you share the formula please?
Also this is what it states on my school’s attainment website ‘Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, most exams and assessments did not take place in 2019/20 or 2020/21. As a result of this, the government announced that it would not publish school or college level results data in autumn 2020 or autumn 2021. Information on what this means for the way school and college accountability will operate for 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 can be found here.’ so is just the data not possible to be seen by the wider public?
did you ever find out the formula? i cant find it
Makee2992
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sofia333)
I applied to Kent and they have already asked me for further proof (they asked me for my degree transcript), isn't it too early, is it normal?
I think its just timing based I got mine exactly 48 hours after submitting my ucas
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone else been asked to fill out an extenuating circumstances form because they're resitting exams? Do I just say I'm resitting because I didn't get the grades?
Last edited by glabib; 1 week ago
Makee2992
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by glabib)
Has anyone else been asked to fill out an extenuating circumstances form because they're resitting exams? Do I just say I'm resitting because I didn't get the grades?
Did they specifically ask you to do this or did you just get the EC email?

In general an EC should explain why you didn't get the grade you wanted, usually an EC would be due to medical or family issue that was impacting your ability to study.
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Makee2992)
Did they specifically ask you to do this or did you just get the EC email?

In general an EC should explain why you didn't get the grade you wanted, usually an EC would be due to medical or family issue that was impacting your ability to study.
They said they've sent it to every applicant? But they said I have to complete it because I'm resitting exams I'm just not sure what they want me to write?
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by glabib)
They said they've sent it to every applicant? But they said I have to complete it because I'm resitting exams I'm just not sure what they want me to write?
Weird I haven’t received one yet
Makee2992
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Should be in your intray, however im resitting some exams but it's not relation to KMMS so maybe it triggers with any pending results?
saharali005
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah me neither
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Makee2992)
Should be in your intray, however im resitting some exams but it's not relation to KMMS so maybe it triggers with any pending results?
Found it now, thank you!
Last edited by studentLuna; 1 week ago
Àníké
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven't received any either
sr143
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I’m a graduate whose has applied to KMMS with a total score of 2510. Do you think I might just make it? Thanks
libbyb2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I am thinking of changing one of my options to kent and medway, and am applying as a graduate for 2022 entry (undergrad course).

Does anyone know what they look at for graduates? eg do they look at gcses and a levels, or just the degree classification?

also is the UCAT expected to be higher or the same as for undergraduates applying?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by libbyb2)
I am thinking of changing one of my options to kent and medway, and am applying as a graduate for 2022 entry (undergrad course).

Does anyone know what they look at for graduates? eg do they look at gcses and a levels, or just the degree classification?

also is the UCAT expected to be higher or the same as for undergraduates applying?
The deadline for 2022 entry has passed?
libbyb2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
The deadline for 2022 entry has passed?
I know, I've applied to 4 med schools but am still able to change my options atm
Àníké
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I know, I've applied to 4 med schools but am still able to change my options atm
Might be classified as “late submission” if you swap now.
libbyb2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Àníké)
Might be classified as “late submission” if you swap now.
yeah that's my concern; I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask about this.
Do you know about their academic requirements for graduates?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago

yeah that's my concern; I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask about this.
Do you know about their academic requirements for graduates?
There's no need to call, it's 100% late application.

The 2 weeks time to change is a UCAS thing, so you can change it on UCAS but it doesn't mean the med schools / Oxbridge will let you.

It's not a loophole so you can apply on 15th October and have until 29th to change, otherwise everyone would do that. If you applied on or before 1st October you'd have 2 weeks, otherwise you'd have until 6pm 15th to change regardless of when you originally applied.

P.S. if you are 100% going to be rejected from the prev med school, you have nothing to lose. Otherwise don't change it because there's no way the new med school will consider you, nearly a week after the deadline.
Last edited by ecolier; 3 days ago
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
KMMS give an application deadline of 15th Oct on their website, so any applications received after this time would be considered late and I have never known a late application be considered, unfortunately.
You can change a choice for 14 days on UCAS, but if the new course has the early deadline, the application will not be considered, only if you change it to one with a Jan deadline
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (312)
57.88%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.1%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (60)
11.13%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.35%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.82%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.71%

Watched Threads