The Student Room Group

First Year Organisation

Hi,

Just wanted to ask about how people organised themselves in first year. I'm going to be studying physics.
I have one ring binder at the moment- do I need more? Should I have a day folder? I'm planning to do a mixture of physical and digital notetaking so I'm not sure what physical equipment I need?

Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Just wanted to ask about how people organised themselves in first year. I'm going to be studying physics.
I have one ring binder at the moment- do I need more? Should I have a day folder? I'm planning to do a mixture of physical and digital notetaking so I'm not sure what physical equipment I need?

Hi!
I just finished my first year so I can give you some advice about what worked well for me and what didn’t.
For my course I had a notebook for each module (I had 5 year long modules so 5 notebooks). This worked well as it was easy to find information for each module and kept things separate.
Unless you know that you’ll definitely use a day folder effectively, I wouldn’t suggest it, just because you do need to have good organisation for your notes and it makes it so much easier to revise when all the information is in one place.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!
I just finished my first year so I can give you some advice about what worked well for me and what didn’t.
For my course I had a notebook for each module (I had 5 year long modules so 5 notebooks). This worked well as it was easy to find information for each module and kept things separate.
Unless you know that you’ll definitely use a day folder effectively, I wouldn’t suggest it, just because you do need to have good organisation for your notes and it makes it so much easier to revise when all the information is in one place.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep :smile:

Thank you! This is really helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending