The Student Room Group

Too late to apply for medicine?

I'm currently going to year 13 and I always was sure that I wanted to study biomedicine in uni, however, for the last few days, I realized that I want to do medicine. school starts in September and I haven't done any UCAT practice nor have I revised my year 12 material. In school, I'm an average student, I don't necessarily put in any effort into my subjects. My current AS predicted grades in bio maths and chem are all B's. Is it too late to do medicine?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,
You would need a minimum of a grade A in each of these subjects, most universities require 3 A’s or above at A level to study Medicine.
Reply 2
Original post by Becca019999
Hi,
You would need a minimum of a grade A in each of these subjects, most universities require 3 A’s or above at A level to study Medicine.

hello! hope you're doing well. Yes I am aware, the predicted grades I mentioned are my AS (year 12) but i do want to improve them into A's
Reply 3
Original post by 1234512
I'm currently going to year 13 and I always was sure that I wanted to study biomedicine in uni, however, for the last few days, I realized that I want to do medicine. school starts in September and I haven't done any UCAT practice nor have I revised my year 12 material. In school, I'm an average student, I don't necessarily put in any effort into my subjects. My current AS predicted grades in bio maths and chem are all B's. Is it too late to do medicine?

You could sit UCAT this year and apply in October 2021 as long as you're predicted AAA or above if not then just not apply this October and take a gap year and apply in October 2022 for September 2023 Entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending