LatishaJ11
Badges: 3
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
are english literature, history and sociology good alevel choices for a future as a lawyer?

i think that i will succeed with these options as my teacher recommended that i choose english literature as a choice and i do enjoy it, i got an A in gcse history and i think that the subjects in the course are interesting and sociology is an interesting subject too.

however i want to know if others think that these options (specifically the sociology option which i’m worried about) will be the best options to become a lawyer in the future and get into a good university.
LatishaJ11
Badges: 3
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
i’m also considering about taking government & politics so i would be doing english literature, history, sociology and government & politics.

would this be too overwhelming and make me have to drop one or get less grades in them all?

should i just take government & politics instead of sociology?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by LatishaJ11)
X
I have moved your thread to the A-Level forum. Hopefully, you will get more responses.

1. A Law degree does not require any specific subjects, so choose the subjects you enjoy and will get a decent grade in.
2. Do not take 4 A-Levels. Universities are only looking for 3 A-Levels, and AAA will always look better than AABB.
ohnojay
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
As someone said above, you don't need any specific A-levels and should choose what you enjoy and are good at. I've seen people be accepted for law with maybe only one essay subject and sciences.

I'm about to go into my second year and am studying history, maths and physics. I'm also applying for law! I've found that there is a big emphasis on your interest in law and in the summer you will probably be doing a lot to show this (e.g reading books). I originally started with Further Maths A-Level and found 4 subjects a bit overwhelming. By dropping further maths I could focus on my super curriculars and do an EPQ. This ofc could just be my own experience so take it with a grain of salt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (65)
22.89%
Note taking apps (6)
2.11%
Flashcards (54)
19.01%
Revision guides (16)
5.63%
Past papers (132)
46.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.87%

Watched Threads