Immerse Education essay competition 2022

Watch
taroparo
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Heyy, has anyone entered the Immerse Education essay competition for 2022?
Down_worlder
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Yeah, I submitted my philosophy essay yesterday! Which subject did you choose?
taroparo
Rep:
(Original post by Down_worlder)
Yeah, I submitted my philosophy essay yesterday! Which subject did you choose?
I chose medicine ahah! How did you find the referencing guideline they provided us with?
Down_worlder
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The referencing was so painful,😫 and the guide was quite vague; I didn’t know how to reference dictionary definitions or videos or anything.

Also I’m kinda getting cold feet about entering, I just read some threads on tsr saying it’s something of a scam - they give everyone 10-30% scholarships, but the rest of the price is still ridiculously expensive 😬👀
rayamer
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by taroparo)
I chose medicine ahah! How did you find the referencing guideline they provided us with?
Hi!! I’m doing medicine too (16-18) I’m submitting it tomorrow (ik it’s late I only heard about it a week ago). Good luck ! And if you want, we can exchange essays just cause I wanna see what points others have made.
Last edited by rayamer; 3 months ago
taroparo
Rep:
The referencing was so painful,😫 and the guide was quite vague; I didn’t know how to reference dictionary definitions or videos or anything.

Also I’m kinda getting cold feet about entering, I just read some threads on tsr saying it’s something of a scam - they give everyone 10-30% scholarships, but the rest of the price is still ridiculously expensive 😬👀
In regards to the referencing, I agree! I read through their past essay examples, and it seemed participants were using different styles ahah. Not too sure what that's about!

Hahaha, I was thinking along the same lines. I mean with the pandemic, I'm sure that not too many would be willing to travel and so they must be offering scholarships to many applicants. It's ludicrously expensive without them ahah!

Sorry, I forgot to ask, did you enter the 16-18 category?
taroparo
Rep:
(Original post by rayamer)
Hi!! I’m doing medicine too (16-18) I’m submitting it tomorrow (ik it’s late I only heard about it a week ago). Good luck ! And if you want, we can exchange essays just cause I wanna see what points others have made.
Wishing you the best of luck!!
(I'm also in the 16-18 category lol!)
That would be quite helpful! Let's wait until the deadline is up tho ahah
Also, I'm rather new to the student room, so excuse my novice questions ahah, but how we would exchange essays?
rayamer
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Wishing you the best of luck!!
(I'm also in the 16-18 category lol!)
That would be quite helpful! Let's wait until the deadline is up tho ahah
Also, I'm rather new to the student room, so excuse my novice questions ahah, but how we would exchange essays?
Thank you, you too! I mean we could send them via email or something, whatever you’d prefer
Down_worlder
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
In regards to the referencing, I agree! I read through their past essay examples, and it seemed participants were using different styles ahah. Not too sure what that's about!

Hahaha, I was thinking along the same lines. I mean with the pandemic, I'm sure that not too many would be willing to travel and so they must be offering scholarships to many applicants. It's ludicrously expensive without them ahah!

Sorry, I forgot to ask, did you enter the 16-18 category?
I did enter the 16-18 category - and yeah, unless I get a 100% scholarship, I am definitely not going lmao, can’t afford that.
taroparo
Rep:
(Original post by rayamer)
Thank you, you too! I mean we could send them via email or something, whatever you’d prefer
That sounds great! Looking forward to reading your essay😄
taroparo
Rep:
I did enter the 16-18 category - and yeah, unless I get a 100% scholarship, I am definitely not going lmao, can’t afford that.
Yeah, I mean like you said, it seems the majority of applicants are receiving a 20-30% scholarship, so it doesn't seem worth it at that point ahah. I also live abroad, so coupled with travelling costs, it would be a nightmare!
rayamer
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
That sounds great! Looking forward to reading your essay
not sure why but it doesnt look like i can send u my email? do u mind sending yours instead
Mulefa
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Just entered for English Literature!
taroparo
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Mulefa)
Just entered for English Literature!
Good luck!! What age category did you enter?
Mulefa
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thanks ! 16-18
Gluttonmutton
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Did anyone receive their scholarship offer?
_Tan_0906
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I have...... I got the email about my result too. Wbu? Have you entered too?
_Tan_0906
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Gluttonmutton)
Did anyone receive their scholarship offer?
I did..... It's a 10% scholarship
Wbu?
rayamer
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by _Tan_0906)
I did..... It's a 10% scholarship
Wbu?
Me too… What field did you do it for?
_Tan_0906
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Medicine..... what about you? @rayamer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads