The Student Room Group

Immerse Education essay competition 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I got 50% for English Literature - it's nice that they liked it but they must be joking if they think I'm going with those prices!!
Reply 41
Do you guys know if its okay to apply even though you are 18 currently, but will be 19 at the time of the summer 2022?
I also took medicine (13-15) and got a 20% scholarship. Also did any of u guys apply for the visa invitation letter? If yes, then did u guys recieve it?
HELP. I didn’t know so many people had already entered their essays and heard back - I didn’t even know it existed and had opened until October/Novemberish but I have also entered another essay competition (1,800-2,000 words, due in late January) and I just feel so scared that I won’t get it done in time or that it just will be bad. Ahhhhhhhhhhh
I remember reading a document on their website which gave a step-by-step process on how you can go about writing this essay and it broke the process down into small bits but now I can’t find it anywhere on the website. Could someone please link it?

EDIT: Never mind, I’ve found it.
(edited 2 years ago)
starting mine for cs now, fingers crossed
yeah I writing mine right now
Original post by oliviamc166
yeah I writing mine right now

Same
Do we have to submit by midnight today or midnight tomorrow? Eg, will submitting it on Wednesday 5th at 5pm be okay?
Original post by Down_worlder
I did enter the 16-18 category - and yeah, unless I get a 100% scholarship, I am definitely not going lmao, can’t afford that.

yeah same. ;-; It's meggga expensive, even if you get a 70% scholarship
Original post by sciencegcsesss
Do we have to submit by midnight today or midnight tomorrow? Eg, will submitting it on Wednesday 5th at 5pm be okay?

yeah, that would be okay. I submitted mine at around the same time : )
Original post by missling40
yeah, that would be okay. I submitted mine at around the same time : )

Okay thanks. I ended up emailing them and it was alright :smile:
Original post by missling40
yeah same. ;-; It's meggga expensive, even if you get a 70% scholarship

Yeah ikr
Reply 53
Haven't really been on this thread in a while lol, but I entered the immerse essay comp a few months ago and was offered a 30% scholarship for medicine. Unfortunately, it was still far too expensive haha

I was thinking of starting up a student blog or forum/gcse help website and was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out? I haven't really planned everything out yet, so further details will be released later, but if the offer appeals to you, feel free to reach out!
Original post by taroparo
Haven't really been on this thread in a while lol, but I entered the immerse essay comp a few months ago and was offered a 30% scholarship for medicine. Unfortunately, it was still far too expensive haha

I was thinking of starting up a student blog or forum/gcse help website and was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out? I haven't really planned everything out yet, so further details will be released later, but if the offer appeals to you, feel free to reach out!

sure
Yes,I did .It was under psychology category. What does it mean to be self actualised?
I’ve just got my result - it was only 10% :frown: I put a lot of work into it and I really don’t know how I could have improved my approach the the question the approach to history was so much harder than other subjects because you can’t really counter-argue anything!
I’ve just got my result - it was only 10% :frown: I put a lot of work into it and I really don’t know how I could have improved my approach the the question the approach to history was so much harder than other subjects because you can’t really counter-argue anything!

mine was 10% as well, is a shame - thought it was a well written essay, not taking it too seriously though because they put a 500 word limit lol

Original post by Tomtide
mine was 10% as well, is a shame - thought it was a well written essay, not taking it too seriously though because they put a 500 word limit lol

Certainly better than 0%! Still waiting for mine but as you say, it certainly is hard to get a good level of academic writing with 500 words, the sources I used had pages upon pages... :colondollar:

Scary to think that 10% doesn't even make it leave £4500+ to go
I entered for English literature, still haven't got my result yet....

Quick Reply

Latest