The Student Room Group

Biology a level

Hi, I’ve heard that biology a level is meant to be really hard and it’s really hard to do well in. Please tell me how hard it was, how you revised, how you stay organised and just any general tips about it. I’m starting a levels in 2 weeks and I’m also doing geography, psychology and core maths. I got a grade 7 in biology at gcse, I’m so scared!
Reply 1
I did OCR a level biology. I also achieved a 7 in GCSE biology, but regardless of what people got most people would say a level biology is very tricky due to how content heavy it is as well as how specific the mark schemes can be. My advice would be to write up your revision notes after every lesson so you don't fall behind, also making sure you actually fully understand all the concepts instead of leaving it to the end of the topic and having to cram. Also, past papers and practise questions will be a lifesaver so make sure to make them a key part of your revision. If you do OCR biology, biorach on youtube is a great channel to watch.
Original post by Izzyb1235
Hi, I’ve heard that biology a level is meant to be really hard and it’s really hard to do well in. Please tell me how hard it was, how you revised, how you stay organised and just any general tips about it. I’m starting a levels in 2 weeks and I’m also doing geography, psychology and core maths. I got a grade 7 in biology at gcse, I’m so scared!

Lots of content, and lots of examination technique to learn. It's a tough A level - some people think it's the 'easy' science one, with flowers and ponies. It's really not. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest