KK412
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm currently in sixth form and I'm thinking about applying for architecture at the University of Leeds. I've seen other unis specify that they require a portfolio but I don't know if the Uni of Leeds needs one. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

also does anyone know what to put in an architecture portfolio, how many pieces of work and if it has to be just building drawings.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
What is it about the Leeds course that appeals to you?

Generally architecture portfolios are primarily not based on buildings. They demonstrate drawing skills and 3d skills and an eye for design.
KK412
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
The course is actually quote similar to other universities', I'm thinking of applying to this specific uni because its part of the russell group and its the closest one to my city. The university in my city doesn't have an architecture course, i think they're still deciding on whether to run it or not.

And thank you, the information about the portfolio has been quite helpful.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Leeds Beckett is the home of the Leeds School of Architecture.

The Leeds university course is new and not yet fully accredited (no one has completed it yet and they only took in 8 students in the first year last year) so you’d be a but of a guinea pig. It’s also a heavily engineering focused course (which is why they don’t ask for a portfolio - architecture by numbers).

That might suit you more than a course with a more creative and design focus but it’s going to be difficult to judge with the course not yet fully established.

LBU has been teaching architecture for over 100 years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (54)
43.9%
The paper was reasonable (52)
42.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (10)
8.13%
It was TERRIBLE (7)
5.69%

Watched Threads