The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

NCL student jobs

where is the best place to get a job as a student in newcastle upon tyne?
Original post by moonie2
where is the best place to get a job as a student in newcastle upon tyne?

Hi moonie2,

There's a range of part-time jobs available when studying in Newcastle. Our award-winning Careers Service helps students like yourself find work and has a webpage dedicated to this, you can find this here. I personally studied at Newcastle University and I found work opportunities on campus to be really handy around my studies. This included working in our Students' Union bar, shop, club and reception, being a Student Ambassador, working on-campus events such as Open Days and even being part of our Jobs on Campus temp pool which matches students with temporary work all across the university. For me, employment was completely necessary at university and I didn't find it hard to find work!

There's also plenty of opportunities beyond the campus too in restaurants, bars and events across Newcastle and our region. To learn another student's perspective, why not chat online via our Unibuddy platform where you can ask our community anything about living, studying and working in Newcastle and if they have any further tips on finding work. You can chat to them here.

Hope this helps! To learn more about our Careers Service, follow the link here.
Laura :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending