The Student Room Group

University of Southampton (A101) BM4 2022 entry

Hi all,

I’ve searched for a thread to discuss Graduate application to the 2022 BM4 at Southampton, but I can’t find an appropriate forum. If there’s already one, I apologise and hope that I can have this post moved there.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have any idea what the cut off may be like for internal students
Reply 2
Hi,
Is there any point applying with ucat score 2720? I have a 1st class masters but not sure if that makes any difference
Thanks!
Original post by Ktrh123
Hi,
Is there any point applying with ucat score 2720? I have a 1st class masters but not sure if that makes any difference
Thanks!

Definitely not worth applying to BM4, I’m sorry to say. Cutoff was around 2920/30 for 2021 entry, maybe even more and extremely unlikely to drop. Southampton only rank on UCAT after checking minimum criteria is met so your 1st and Masters will not offset a lower UCAT.

I got 2860 this year to decide whether to try again for Southampton BM4 (I have a place on another A100 course for next year) and I wouldn’t even consider it under 2900. I would have wanted 3000 to feel safe-ish. The grad cutoff for BM5 is around 2780-2800 (which could be for Southampton grads who get a lower cutoff) so you’re unlikely to be interviewed for either unfortunately.
(edited 2 years ago)
Applied with a 3010 B1 UCAT - not a SOTON grad - should be a fairly safe interview offer?
anyone heard anything yet? i’m getting impatient 😭
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by gemplzx
anyone heard anything yet? i’m getting impatient 😭

On their website it says they’ll interview on the 26-27th Jan. they give out interview around 2 weeks before I believe. So can’t really expect to hear back for another 6 weeks
Confused by how dead this thread is... is there an official thread I can't find?
Original post by Ifyawanabmydr
Confused by how dead this thread is... is there an official thread I can't find?

Probably not😂 The reason why it’s dead is interviews are next month. As everyone starts to get interview invites, it’ll perk up. Most of the GEM threads follow that rule
Am I the only one regularly receiving emails saying " An update on your application to study Medicine" and the email basically says nothing new ?
I’ve had the same ones but nothing about interviews 😩 so frustrating
and another...
Original post by Ifyawanabmydr
and another...

My heart drops every time I see another email. I’m sure they’re doing this on purpose.

The next ones going to say “YOU GOT IN….terests in what we do at Southampton? Then read below. Btw no update on interviews yet lol.”
Reply 13
Anyone heard anything?
nope nothing :frown: hope we hear back soon.
Original post by jfuturesea
Surely interview invites will be coming today?!

what makes you say that? i hope so!
Their website says within 1-2 weeks which isn't
, by definition, until tomorrow:frown:
Reply 17
The Selection Day website says that the interviews are on Wed 26th and Thurs 27th of January and they send out invites 1-2 weeks before so, at a guess, we could hear anytime between tomorrow (12th Jan) and a week on Thursday (20th Jan). Also, a bit further down the page it says we will hear details 2 weeks before selection so could hazard a guess that interview invites will be sent out tomorrow or Thurs.

https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/selection_day_dates.page
(edited 2 years ago)
pleaaaaase can they hurry up, i’ve been refreshing my emails all day 😭
within 1-2 weeks of interview date. so next Wednesday is not out of the Q

Quick Reply

Latest