Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Name:  A87A1542-25F8-4B36-9BD8-0A9779883F10.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  245.9 KB

:hi: Welcome to another edition of my GYG :thumbsup:

I’m Chrono and I’m a Food Science student heading into first year :nutcase:
This year I’m staying in a shared student house this year as opposed to halls which I stayed in last year with some of the flatmates I was with in Halls :dancing2:

Random stuff about me :withstupid:
Spoiler:
Show
  • I’m a VT for Chat and Entertainment right here on :keyboard:
  • My favourite tv shows include Doctor Who, Stranger Things, The Good Place, and Full House :love:
  • Losing things and procrastination is a bit of a special skill of mine
  • I have a biiiiiiiiiiit of a Tiktok addiction
  • I have dyspraxia, hypothyroidism, joint hyper-mobility, and vitamin D deficiency which all mixed in together isn't particularly fun so I can feel fine some days and not others. Looking after my MH and physical health is definitely one of my top goals atm, especially with coronavirus annoyingly still out and about Image

Unfortunately since my last GYG one of my grandparents is now receiving end of life care for stage 4 terminal cancer she’s in a care home, but seems to be stable atm despite good/bad days :sad:

How I got here :iiam:

Spoiler:
Show

I completed a science based foundation year last year which you can read about !here! Prior to that I completed a Level 3 diploma which was food technology based.

What you can expect from this GYG
Spoiler:
Show
  • My love-hate relationship with chemistry
  • Me and my flatmates weird antics e.g. instead of going to the campus university club on the last night of being in our accommodation like everyone else, we ended up planting potatoes in a forest near our accommodation (trust me idk why either) :dontknow:
  • Memes!!!!
  • Occasional pics of v slow knitting progress. I very very recently picked up knitting for fun, except its kind of hard getting the tension just so. I’ve been learning it through watching Youtube videos :yep:

This years modules :titan::titan::titan::titan::titan::titan:
Spoiler:
Show

Module selection doesn’t open until 20th September so I will update this in due course :yep:

My plans for this academic year :ssaw:
Spoiler:
Show
  • Pass all my modules
  • Join a society (or two) if they’re running
  • Continue keeping an eye on my mental health and try and keep it in check

Chronocles

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So my aim will be to update this every few days - or at least weekly as i’m not too sure how hetic it will be.If you’d like to be added or removed from the tag list at any point, just let me know!
Last edited by Chronoscope; 2 weeks ago
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Tag list
Tags from last time - pls give a shout if you want to keep being tagged / removed :grouphugs:

Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
Icosagon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This looks so sick! Please can I be added to the tag list?
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by Icosagon)
Sure thing! :hugs:
Icosagon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
Sure thing! :hugs:
Thanks! :jumphug:
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Icosagon)
Not the best phrase to use with food :laugh:

Tag list
Tags from last time - pls give a shout if you want to keep being tagged / removed :grouphugs:

Can you add me, Chronoscope?
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Not the best phrase to use with food :laugh:

Can you add me, Chronoscope?
Definitely! :borat: :borat:
Wise Goldie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Name:  A87A1542-25F8-4B36-9BD8-0A9779883F10.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  245.9 KB

:hi: Welcome to another edition of my GYG :thumbsup:

I’m Chrono and I’m a Food Science student heading into first year :nutcase:
This year I’m staying in a shared student house this year as opposed to halls which I stayed in last year with some of the flatmates I was with in Halls :dancing2:

Random stuff about me :withstupid:
Spoiler:
Show
  • I’m a VT for Chat and Entertainment right here on :keyboard:
  • My favourite tv shows include Doctor Who, Stranger Things, The Good Place, and Full House :love:
  • Losing things and procrastination is a bit of a special skill of mine
  • I have a biiiiiiiiiiit of a Tiktok addiction
  • I have dyspraxia, hypothyroidism, joint hyper-mobility, and vitamin D deficiency which all mixed in together isn't particularly fun so I can feel fine some days and not others. Looking after my MH and physical health is definitely one of my top goals atm, especially with coronavirus annoyingly still out and about Image

Unfortunately since my last GYG one of my grandparents is now receiving end of life care for stage 4 terminal cancer she’s in a care home, but seems to be stable atm despite good/bad days :sad:

How I got here :iiam:

Spoiler:
Show

I completed a science based foundation year last year which you can read about !here! Prior to that I completed a Level 3 diploma which was food technology based.

What you can expect from this GYG
Spoiler:
Show
  • My love-hate relationship with chemistry
  • Me and my flatmates weird antics e.g. instead of going to the campus university club on the last night of being in our accommodation like everyone else, we ended up planting potatoes in a forest near our accommodation (trust me idk why either) :dontknow:
  • Memes!!!!
  • Occasional pics of v slow knitting progress. I very very recently picked up knitting for fun, except its kind of hard getting the tension just so. I’ve been learning it through watching Youtube videos :yep:

This years modules :titan::titan::titan::titan::titan::titan:
Spoiler:
Show

Module selection doesn’t open until 20th September so I will update this in due course :yep:

My plans for this academic year :ssaw:
Spoiler:
Show
  • Pass all my modules
  • Join a society (or two) if they’re running
  • Continue keeping an eye on my mental health and try and keep it in check

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So my aim will be to update this every few days - or at least weekly as i’m not too sure how hetic it will be.If you’d like to be added or removed from the tag list at any point, just let me know!
tage me lol

also good luck also what is food science?
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wise Goldie)
tage me lol

also good luck also what is food science?
Will do :penguinhug:
Food science is kinda a bit of everything:yep: :danceboy: so it’ll involve chemistry, microbiology, nutrition, food processing etc. :excited:
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Food science is kinda a bit of everything:yep: :danceboy: so it’ll involve chemistry, microbiology, nutrition, food processing etc. :excited:
is it like if you wanna be a chef or what job do you get if you pass?

sorry i lways ask questions cos that how you learn stuff lol
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oooh that sounds super interesting, I'll be following along!
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wise Goldie)
is it like if you wanna be a chef or what job do you get if you pass?

sorry i lways ask questions cos that how you learn stuff lol
No problem its good finding out stuff :awesome:
Yea so I want to work in the food sector /industry, but idk yet whereabouts yet in it cos there’s so many different things you can do - like food inspection, factory auditing, dairy, food safety
Before the pandemic I helped to wash up in a kitchen - it was so fun especially as you’d sometimes get to help out with the cooking and so many random things :thumbsup:
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No problem its good finding out stuff :awesome:
Yea so I want to work in the food sector /industry, but idk yet whereabouts yet in it cos there’s so many different things you can do - like food inspection, factory auditing, dairy, food safety
Before the pandemic I helped to wash up in a kitchen - it was so fun especially as you’d sometimes get to help out with the cooking and so many random things :thumbsup:
all those job seem really different though lik food safety is different to chef

i bet being a chef is stressful though

i look forward to the blog lol
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ooo - thanks for the tag - I shall read this with interest and cheer you on.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
please keep me tagged
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Chronoscope your 1 day late LOL
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
#1: 07/09/2021 - letz get ready to Rhumbbbbbbbllllle!!!

Hiya! How is everybody doing? :grouphugs:
omg, it's so hot! September needs to cool down :lol:

Today I found out module selection was finally open :woo: this didn’t make too much sense though especially considering online enrolment can’t be done until the 9th September :hmmmm:

Eventually, I managed to find the place where the modules were listed on my university portal, most of the modules were already selected for me as they’re compulsory which meant I just needed to shortlist 1 optional module to make the credits add up to 120.
I’ll be doing 8 modules in total which seems kind of a lot to me, but at this stage, they all sound super interesting which I’m really excited about. Luckily, I’ve still got some time to think about and fully decide this though as the portal page stated I can’t finalize this until the 21st.

In other news, I got my DSA equipment delivered to me a few weeks ago :yep: :danceboy:
Since then I’ve had a couple of software training sessions over Zoom with the supplier, who’ve given me a few tutorials so I know how to use the software on my new laptop in time before I start my course :awesome: In case you don't know DSA is just disabled students allowance where you could get software or equipment to help make it more of an even playing field if you have a health problem or learning difficulty, etc. Some of the software I got given for my dyspraxia was text to speech, speech to text, different types of coloured screen overlays , mind mapping software, and Grammarly - my grammar is so bad, as you can probably tell...

I think that's everything for now! I should probably mention I’m going back to my uni town this weekend!
Have I started packing? Mmmmm idk. My room currently has a load of bags everywhere because I’ve started to gather stuff but it’s nowhere near the stage, I want it to be at :lol:

Don’t think I’ll have time tomorrow cos I’m finally meeting up with a friend who I haven’t seen before corona happened, so that’ll be exciting :banana:

Edit bc i forgot :hide:

Here's some knitting pics! Apologies if they're upside down - tsr likes to do that to mine for some reason :iiam:

Name:  20210908_001143.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  86.1 KB

^^ this one is the first ever bit of practice knitting I did a couple of weeks ago the tension was absolutely horrible but I managed to get into the motion of English Throw knitting using the knit stitch towards the end of that piece.

Name:  20210908_001108.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  127.1 KB

^ this one is the second practice piece. I think it got a bit better as I knew what I was doing and so did the tension It took a bit of a while and was a bit of a struggle to hold the needles though, as they seemed a bit big and I sometimes keep dropping or adding a stitch :facepalm:

I'm seeing if its any easier with continental knitting as I started off with English throwing especially since the latter method is the right handed method and continental is the left handed method (and i'm left handed) so hopefully it might be easier to wrap my head around :lol:

Tagzzz

Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
#1: 07/09/2021 - letz get ready to Rhumbbbbbbbllllle!!!

Hiya! How is everybody doing? :grouphugs:
omg, it's so hot! September needs to cool down :lol:

Today I found out module selection was finally open :woo: this didn’t make too much sense though especially considering online enrolment can’t be done until the 9th September :hmmmm:

Eventually, I managed to find the place where the modules were listed on my university portal, most of the modules were already selected for me as they’re compulsory which meant I just needed to shortlist 1 optional module to make the credits add up to 120.
I’ll be doing 8 modules in total which seems kind of a lot to me, but at this stage, they all sound super interesting which I’m really excited about. Luckily, I’ve still got some time to think about and fully decide this though as the portal page stated I can’t finalize this until the 21st.

In other news, I got my DSA equipment delivered to me a few weeks ago :yep: :danceboy:
Since then I’ve had a couple of software training sessions over Zoom with the supplier, who’ve given me a few tutorials so I know how to use the software on my new laptop in time before I start my course :awesome: In case you don't know DSA is just disabled students allowance where you could get software or equipment to help make it more of an even playing field if you have a health problem or learning difficulty, etc. Some of the software I got given for my dyspraxia was text to speech, speech to text, different types of coloured screen overlays , mind mapping software, and Grammarly - my grammar is so bad, as you can probably tell...

I think that's everything for now! I should probably mention I’m going back to my uni town this weekend!
Have I started packing? Mmmmm idk. My room currently has a load of bags everywhere because I’ve started to gather stuff but it’s nowhere near the stage, I want it to be at :lol:

Don’t think I’ll have time tomorrow cos I’m finally meeting up with a friend who I haven’t seen before corona happened, so that’ll be exciting :banana:

Edit bc i forgot :hide:

Here's some knitting pics! Apologies if they're upside down - tsr likes to do that to mine for some reason :iiam:

Name:  20210908_001143.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  86.1 KB

^^ this one is the first ever bit of practice knitting I did a couple of weeks ago the tension was absolutely horrible but I managed to get into the motion of English Throw knitting using the knit stitch towards the end of that piece.

Name:  20210908_001108.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  127.1 KB

^ this one is the second practice piece. I think it got a bit better as I knew what I was doing and so did the tension It took a bit of a while and was a bit of a struggle to hold the needles though, as they seemed a bit big and I sometimes keep dropping or adding a stitch :facepalm:

I'm seeing if its any easier with continental knitting as I started off with English throwing especially since the latter method is the right handed method and continental is the left handed method (and i'm left handed) so hopefully it might be easier to wrap my head around :lol:

Tagzzz

i always think knitting is done by old people lol

also my grammer is worse can you tell lol
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Woohoo, loving the title! Can I be tagged please? :jive:
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
your knitting looks great! hope you've a lovely time w your friend today
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (213)
56.8%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.33%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.93%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.8%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.27%

Watched Threads