Chronicles of a First year Foodie

Watch
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Well done youuuu! Nice to hear you've been busy hehehe! Take some breaks for yourself xxx
Chronoscope
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Glad your course is going well. The lab work sounds fascinating

Not a great time for your boiler to break down - really hope it's sorted soon. Brrrr .. hope you've got some electric heaters.

Spoiler:
Show
Sorry to hear about the tension at the funeral - we are also in the process of clearing a relative's house. We're trying to recycle as much as possible - much going to charity shops etc. I also hate throwing things away ... do keep something that will remind you of her :hugs:

Try to distance yourself from your uncle ...
We got the boiler sorted :yeah:
Luckily my Dad's a plumber so I ended up video calling him and he took me through how to reset the pressure (something like that) :lol:
(Original post by Wise Goldie)
are you looking forward to Christmas?
so - so. I'm looking forward to the break but its kinda bittersweet because my Nan always used to come over for Christmas and she won't be here this year :cry2: I always used to do crackers with her
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Well done youuuu! Nice to hear you've been busy hehehe! Take some breaks for yourself xxx
Will need a break after this week ends :lol:
Wise Goldie
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
We got the boiler sorted :yeah:
Luckily my Dad's a plumber so I ended up video calling him and he took me through how to reset the pressure (something like that) :lol:

so - so. I'm looking forward to the break but its kinda bittersweet because my Nan always used to come over for Christmas and she won't be here this year :cry2: I always used to do crackers with her

Will need a break after this week ends :lol:
oh im sorry to here that chrono i hope you still enjoy your break anyway
Chronoscope
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
13/01/2022 - Happy New Year :banana:

Heya! Hope everyone's had a good Christmas/holiday! :woo: Mine was pretty uneventful but was a much needed break after the first term finished :yep:Luckily I only had two exams I needed to revise for over xmas because most of mine were completed before Christmas break, so I had enough time to help my Mum with sorting out the rest of my Nan's stuff in her house which is looking a bit bare now :sadnod:

The exams I had before Christmas were biochemistry and economics.
The biochemistry one was rather eventful because we think the lecturer forgot we had it? :iiam: cos when we checked Blackboard the test was.not. there so everyone on the group chat was getting worried so a load of us emailed the lecturer, then we think they had possibly lost the exam or it wasn't the right one because it was exactly the same as the Kahoot we'd done the day before :lol: That exam along with the presentation I did with a group means I only need 1% more to pass the module, and we still need to do another report and final exam for that module :thumbsup:
The economics exam went ok. Probably could've done better but was thrown by a couple of the questions, but hopefully, the group essay we still need to do will make up for that.
Today I had a 3 hour exam for another module :eek4: We had a multiple choice exam first and then we were put in a group with 3 other people and we needed to write a collaborative essay based on food biofortification The multiple choice went ok - since I had extra time we had to go a bit earlier but it was quite nice because there was only 3 of us :yep: The collaborative essay part went much better - one of the group members I already knew as we'd been lab partners before, but our group did brainstorm quite a bit of stuff.
Also, just recently finished a physiology assessment which I did technically have all Christmas to do but I needed the extra revision and on the online test the questions didn't seem that hard, and I definitely had enough time to answer the questions

This afternoon I had another microbiology practical where we were doing the aseptic technique - mainly just the streak plate technique using cultures and a serial dilution thingie which I can't remember the name of :hide: it was so dark by the time we finished as well, even though it was only 5pm!!!

Other stuff....
- me and CoolCavy went to Costa! it was lovely to meet after so long :hugs:the hot chocolate was delish too! we were thinking of CheeseIsVeg though as this shop was on the same street :giggle: :thumbsup:

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  thecheeseshop.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  59.4 KB

- one of my flatmates has abandoned us and has moved out :rip:, there was some drama with one of my other flatmates because they go to the same workplace so I think there was some beef there as well :iiam: they also didn't find a suitable replacement tennant (not a student) which is a problem cos otherwise rents going uppppp
- The day I was due to go home for Christmas my radiator developed a leak :yikes: so I called the landlord at like 10pm and he came the next day :awesome: he also fixed the dodgy drain outside in the back cos it was stinky! :puke:

Spoiler:
Show

- just waiting for marks on assignments we've done as well last term

- I have discovered rice. Please recommend any favourite sauces to go with rice! :love: :yum:
- I spend 3-4am watching a nintendogs tiktok live its strangely fun... :lol:
- I did not like taste of the alcohol I had a couple of sips of during the new year (who even likes bucks fizz? :no: :yucky: )

I think that's it for now :thumbsup:

Tags

Hope everyone's ok and had an alright holiday/new year :grouphugs:
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 week ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Happy New Year to you too!

This all sounds really good - wel done you!

The person that moved out usually has to keep paying the rent until they find a replacement - so do check that.

So pleased you were able to meet up with lovely Cavy and that shop looks awesome - did you buy anything?

:grouphugs:
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I read this as “Chronicles of a first year hoodie”
Time for my bedtime I think :facepalm:
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
echoing what muttley said, i think they still have to pay rent until they find a tenant to replace them?? worth double-checking the contract though.
soy sauce or crispy chilli oil is lovely with rice :gah:
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Was lovely to meet you again after so long :penguinhug:
Wise Goldie
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
13/01/2022 - Happy New Year :banana:

Heya! Hope everyone's had a good Christmas/holiday! :woo: Mine was pretty uneventful but was a much needed break after the first term finished :yep:Luckily I only had two exams I needed to revise for over xmas because most of mine were completed before Christmas break, so I had enough time to help my Mum with sorting out the rest of my Nan's stuff in her house which is looking a bit bare now :sadnod:

The exams I had before Christmas were biochemistry and economics.
The biochemistry one was rather eventful because we think the lecturer forgot we had it? :iiam: cos when we checked Blackboard the test was.not. there so everyone on the group chat was getting worried so a load of us emailed the lecturer, then we think they had possibly lost the exam or it wasn't the right one because it was exactly the same as the Kahoot we'd done the day before :lol: That exam along with the presentation I did with a group means I only need 1% more to pass the module, and we still need to do another report and final exam for that module :thumbsup:
The economics exam went ok. Probably could've done better but was thrown by a couple of the questions, but hopefully, the group essay we still need to do will make up for that.
Today I had a 3 hour exam for another module :eek4: We had a multiple choice exam first and then we were put in a group with 3 other people and we needed to write a collaborative essay based on food biofortification The multiple choice went ok - since I had extra time we had to go a bit earlier but it was quite nice because there was only 3 of us :yep: The collaborative essay part went much better - one of the group members I already knew as we'd been lab partners before, but our group did brainstorm quite a bit of stuff.
Also, just recently finished a physiology assessment which I did technically have all Christmas to do but I needed the extra revision and on the online test the questions didn't seem that hard, and I definitely had enough time to answer the questions

This afternoon I had another microbiology practical where we were doing the aseptic technique - mainly just the streak plate technique using cultures and a serial dilution thingie which I can't remember the name of :hide: it was so dark by the time we finished as well, even though it was only 5pm!!!

Other stuff....
- me and CoolCavy went to Costa! it was lovely to meet after so long :hugs:the hot chocolate was delish too! we were thinking of CheeseIsVeg though as this shop was on the same street :giggle: :thumbsup:

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  thecheeseshop.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  59.4 KB

- one of my flatmates has abandoned us and has moved out :rip:, there was some drama with one of my other flatmates because they go to the same workplace so I think there was some beef there as well :iiam: they also didn't find a suitable replacement tennant (not a student) which is a problem cos otherwise rents going uppppp
- The day I was due to go home for Christmas my radiator developed a leak :yikes: so I called the landlord at like 10pm and he came the next day :awesome: he also fixed the dodgy drain outside in the back cos it was stinky! :puke:

Spoiler:
Show

- just waiting for marks on assignments we've done as well last term

- I have discovered rice. Please recommend any favourite sauces to go with rice! :love: :yum:
- I spend 3-4am watching a nintendogs tiktok live its strangely fun... :lol:
- I did not like taste of the alcohol I had a couple of sips of during the new year (who even likes bucks fizz? :no: :yucky: )

I think that's it for now :thumbsup:

Tags

Hope everyone's ok and had an alright holiday/new year :grouphugs:
happy new year chrono:five:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
6.94%
October 2021 (116)
47.35%
November 2021 (25)
10.2%
December 2021 (32)
13.06%
January 2021 (21)
8.57%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.61%