The Student Room Group

Gym membership cancelled/terminated but want to go back

Hi there.
Recently my gym membership has been cancelled/terminated.
I would really love to go back there as I miss the place to bits and it is absolutely one of the best gyms I've ever been to.
I reapplied again but then it got terminated again.
I even arranged with the manager if I could have a meeting with my mum and him there about the incident but he said no and refused.
What do I do to get myself back in that place?
if the manager said no then i think youll have to find another gym unfortunately. out of curiosity why was it cancelled?
Reply 2
What was the incident if you don’t mind me asking? If your membership was cancelled, there was probably a good reason for it.
Reply 3
The incident that happened on 29th June in waterside was that I wanted to use the 7.5kg weights I was an impatient **** and then one guy said he'll be one or two more sets and it was 9:30pm and I shouted and threw my bottle pissed off as I hated waiting for so ****ing long to use the equipment meaning I spend a long time and cause my parents to not pick me up and go and then the guy who was using the 7.5kg weights suggested I use the 6 7 or 8 kg weights and then he snitched on me to the manager and I asked if he was snitching so he continued with the snitching and then the manager had a word with me and asked if I have any medical conditions i said I felt uncomfortable asking and wanted to continue my workout so 2 days later he called me saying about that night incident he wanted me and an adult to go have a meeting with him he said that had to happen or my membership gets taken then my membership was on hold but then later I said that I'm an adult and then he took my membership off me and it got terminated. I was really sad about my membership getting terminated.
Then 2 weeks later I re applied but then the next day they said my new membership has been terminated again.
At the time I had a one off. The gym manager said I was being threatening, aggressive and violent, I was not being any of them at all. I was not being threatening and I am not like that in the gym.
Original post by thejanjan
The incident that happened on 29th June in waterside was that I wanted to use the 7.5kg weights I was an impatient **** and then one guy said he'll be one or two more sets and it was 9:30pm and I shouted and threw my bottle pissed off as I hated waiting for so ****ing long to use the equipment meaning I spend a long time and cause my parents to not pick me up and go and then the guy who was using the 7.5kg weights suggested I use the 6 7 or 8 kg weights and then he snitched on me to the manager and I asked if he was snitching so he continued with the snitching and then the manager had a word with me and asked if I have any medical conditions i said I felt uncomfortable asking and wanted to continue my workout so 2 days later he called me saying about that night incident he wanted me and an adult to go have a meeting with him he said that had to happen or my membership gets taken then my membership was on hold but then later I said that I'm an adult and then he took my membership off me and it got terminated. I was really sad about my membership getting terminated.
Then 2 weeks later I re applied but then the next day they said my new membership has been terminated again.
At the time I had a one off. The gym manager said I was being threatening, aggressive and violent, I was not being any of them at all. I was not being threatening and I am not like that in the gym.

You don’t really have a leg to stand on, the manager is concerned about having an atmosphere comfortable to all members. Unfortunately your self-entitlement to the facilities has led to this decision. I suggest you find a new gym.

have you tried meditation
Reply 6
I shouted and threw my bottle pissed off

The gym manager said I was being threatening, aggressive and violent, I was not being any of them at all. I was not being threatening and I am not like that in the gym.

So how do you describe your behaviour? How would you have felt if someone did that to you?

They won't let you back, and rightly so. The guy was using the equipment and had the right to finish without you losing it with the excuse of you're getting a lift home...
Reply 7
Hi there.
Recently my gym membership has been cancelled/terminated.
I would really love to go back there as I miss the place to bits and it is absolutely one of the best gyms I've ever been to.
I reapplied again but then it got terminated again.
I even arranged with the manager if I could have a meeting with my mum and him there about the incident but he said no and refused.
What do I do to get myself back in that place?

i get that you're sorry but sometimes sorry just isn't enough.

just take it as a life lesson and move on and be better behaved at the next gym you go ti

You don't really even sound old enough to be using a commercial gym: not being rude, but I've had Year 9s that wouldn't behave like that.

It's a private business, and it obviously doesn't want people who can't behave like normal adults in it. You'll need to find somewhere else - and this time I suggest you exercise a bit of self-control if you don't want your membership to be terminated again.
There's nothing you can do. Time to deal with the consequences of your actions and find another gym.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending