A Level Revision Guides

Watch this thread
Iggnhfgunn
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I will be studying A Level: Maths, Economics and Geography. I was wondering if u guys could recommend some revision guides that I could purchase for these subjects.

Thank u in advance!
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Leah
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
Hi OP,

I would say the most important thing in looking for revision guides is finding ones that are for the exam board you are with, e.g AQA, Edexcel, OCR, etc. This way you know for sure that you will be revising relevant content only.

Of the subjects you are studying I only studied geography personally, but for that I would recommend this website - https://geography-revision.co.uk/a-level/ - as a good basic resource for most modules at A level.

Hope this helps

Leah (UEA)
Iggnhfgunn
Rep:
(Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Leah)
Hi OP,

I would say the most important thing in looking for revision guides is finding ones that are for the exam board you are with, e.g AQA, Edexcel, OCR, etc. This way you know for sure that you will be revising relevant content only.

Of the subjects you are studying I only studied geography personally, but for that I would recommend this website - https://geography-revision.co.uk/a-level/ - as a good basic resource for most modules at A level.

Hope this helps

Leah (UEA)
Thank u very much Leah, I will definitely that website out! Just out of curiosity, may I ask which other A Levels u did as well as the grades u achieved.
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Leah
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Iggnhfgunn)
Thank u very much Leah, I will definitely that website out! Just out of curiosity, may I ask which other A Levels u did as well as the grades u achieved.
Hi there,

I studied Business, Geography and Law and I came out with A*A*A*.

May be worth noting I was part of the first year to have their exams cancelled due to the pandemic so was examined in different ways than normal.

Leah (UEA)
Iggnhfgunn
Rep:
(Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Leah)
Hi there,

I studied Business, Geography and Law and I came out with A*A*A*.

May be worth noting I was part of the first year to have their exams cancelled due to the pandemic so was examined in different ways than normal.

Leah (UEA)
Oh that’s very interesting, congrats on your Results!
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
For maths I just used the textbooks we were given from school but I know a few people bought a CGP revision guide to help
Iggnhfgunn
Rep:
(Original post by laurawatt)
For maths I just used the textbooks we were given from school but I know a few people bought a CGP revision guide to help
Hey there, thank u for your response. I will consider the cgp book!
If u remember the name of the text book u were using can u tell me please,
Also may I ask what grade u achieved for maths and how did u find the jump from gcse to A level?

Thank u in advance !
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Iggnhfgunn)
Hey there, thank u for your response. I will consider the cgp book!
If u remember the name of the text book u were using can u tell me please,
Also may I ask what grade u achieved for maths and how did u find the jump from gcse to A level?

Thank u in advance !
The year 1 textbook looked like this Name:  DCF196F5-A9F2-499A-8580-629B09A05336.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  37.5 KB This is for AQA though, I’m not sure what exam board you’re doing (and your school will probably give you a textbook to use) I got an A* in maths, found the jump from gcse to Y1 less than Y1 to Y2 as the content starts as an extension to the gcse and builds up!
Iggnhfgunn
Rep:
(Original post by laurawatt)
The year 1 textbook looked like this Name:  DCF196F5-A9F2-499A-8580-629B09A05336.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  37.5 KB This is for AQA though, I’m not sure what exam board you’re doing (and your school will probably give you a textbook to use) I got an A* in maths, found the jump from gcse to Y1 less than Y1 to Y2 as the content starts as an extension to the gcse and builds up!
Ok, thank u so much for your help and time, it has really helped me! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads