The Student Room Group

veterinary nursing

hi there, I have just completed my A-levels in Physical Education(sport science), Dance and Sociology resulting in 136 ucas points . I would like to study veterinary nursing/ equine nursing/ veterinary physiotherapy after my gap year however I have not taken a science subject such as biology although I have taken sport science which includes knowing about the human anatomy and includes psychology. does anyone know if I would still be able to do a course like this without having and A level in a science. thanks so much!!!
Hi I've just taken a quick look at some univeristies for veterinary nursing and it seems to be that a level biology is a requirement and some also ask for chemistry as well as bio. So unfortunately from what i can see I would say no you cannot study veterinary nursing undergrad with them a levels. However do not give up if that's definitely the career path you want. Have a look to see if there are any apprenticeships in your area. Alternatively you could study another level 3 course. access to he is a one year course or maybe a btec extended diploma (2 years)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending