The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Transferring to a New Course

I got into the course I just finished the first year of through unconditional offer (though I didn't technically meet the entry requirement).

Would it now be possible to transfer into first year of a different course at this university with the same entry requirement as my previous course?
Your student handbook/intranet should explain how to request an internal transfer
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I got into the course I just finished the first year of through unconditional offer (though I didn't technically meet the entry requirement).

Would it now be possible to transfer into first year of a different course at this university with the same entry requirement as my previous course?

Hi there

I think it really depends on what the course you want to study is, and which course you've already been studying, for example, I know you can switch from Computer Games Dev to Computer Games Programming (and vice versa) quite easily because the first year is practically the same.

I'd advise you to get in touch with our Student Support team - [email protected] - who should be able to advise you of your options.

Thanks and good luck!

Amy
Reply 3
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi there

I think it really depends on what the course you want to study is, and which course you've already been studying, for example, I know you can switch from Computer Games Dev to Computer Games Programming (and vice versa) quite easily because the first year is practically the same.

I'd advise you to get in touch with our Student Support team - [email protected] - who should be able to advise you of your options.

Thanks and good luck!

Amy

Thanks for this!
Would my A-Level grades not meeting the official requirement for the course make a difference though?
Thanks for this!
Would my A-Level grades not meeting the official requirement for the course make a difference though?

Hi again

Sorry, I got confused and thought you were wanting to transfer to year 2 of another course.

If you want to start again from scratch, yes, your A-Levels would be taken into consideration - but it obviously depends if there are spaces left on that course to start this year. We're in the Clearing period now so lots of students are competing for places to start this year so you may have competition.

I'd advise you to speak to your Student Support team asap who should be able to help.

Thanks and good luck!

Amy
Reply 5
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi again

Sorry, I got confused and thought you were wanting to transfer to year 2 of another course.

If you want to start again from scratch, yes, your A-Levels would be taken into consideration - but it obviously depends if there are spaces left on that course to start this year. We're in the Clearing period now so lots of students are competing for places to start this year so you may have competition.

I'd advise you to speak to your Student Support team asap who should be able to help.

Thanks and good luck!

Amy

Ah right...

Just want to make it clear though that I haven't failed anything though (I just got all Cs basically), so would I have a decent chance of getting onto another course?

Thanks
Ah right...

Just want to make it clear though that I haven't failed anything though (I just got all Cs basically), so would I have a decent chance of getting onto another course?

Thanks

Just ASK the university - their student rep on TSR wont be able to confirm either way and you won't lose your place on your current course by asking to restart in yr 1 of a new course. The longer you procrastinate the smaller the chance that the university will be able to help you

https://www.staffs.ac.uk/students/course-administration/academic-policies-and-regulations/student-transfer
Whatever you decide, you need to make the choice which is right for you and our advisory team can help you to understand personal and any possible financial implications of transferring course. You will need to view the changing course section of the My Studies and Student Record section if you move, so we can ensure you are allocated to the right tutor groups and we know where and when you will be attending.

OR contact our Enquiries Team on +44(0)1782 294400

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending