The Student Room Group

Looking for a mentor/coach

I’m 17 and I’m looking for a coach/mentor that will tell me the harsh truth rather than what I want to here and will give me advice on how to achieve my goals and prompt me to look at things at a deeper level and analyze situations and think for myself and be independent rather
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 17 and I’m looking for a coach/mentor that will tell me the harsh truth rather than what I want to here and will give me advice on how to achieve my goals and prompt me to look at things at a deeper level and analyze situations and think for myself and be independent rather

There are plenty of people on here who would give you harsh truths, if you want it. I would phrase it differently - giving you a realistic view of your goals.

You seem to want a lot, but shoot... give us more info. At lot of these things - looking at things at a deeper level and analysing situations and thinking for yourself, are skills you master with time and experience. Don't be so harsh with yourself, and expect to know all this now. Doubtless, even at 17, you will have learnt more than you think about being able to assess a situation and being able to cope.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Oxford Mum
There are plenty of people on here who would give you harsh truths, if you want it. I would phrase it differently - giving you a realistic view of your goals.

You seem to want a lot, but shoot... give us more info. At lot of these things - looking at things at a deeper level and analysing situations and thinking for yourself, are skills you master with time and experience. Don't be so harsh with yourself, and expect to know all this now. Doubtless, even at 17, you will have learnt more than you think about being able to assess a situation and being able to cope.

Thank you so much for your reply I really appreciate it, I know some skills come within due time but I would like for someone to point me in the right direction whilst still allowing me to learn for myself as my parents don't really do that so sometimes I can feel like I have no direction and need guidance, what info would you like to know feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer accordingly. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for your reply I really appreciate it, I know some skills come within due time but I would like for someone to point me in the right direction whilst still allowing me to learn for myself as my parents don't really do that so sometimes I can feel like I have no direction and need guidance, what info would you like to know feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer accordingly. :smile:

Well, we need some info, of course! We can't comment otherwise, can we?
What are your goals? :smile:
tell me more
What kind of things are looking to be mentored on?
Several people looking to help you here, OP!
Reply 8
Original post by Kutie Karen
What kind of things are looking to be mentored on?

- how to get a job and do well in the interview
- how to do presentations
- how to deal with difficult people within school and workplace
- advice for the future
- how to deal with set backs
- how to grow as a person
- talking to people with confidence
- doing well at school
- articulating ideas
- starting a buisness
- creating a linked in acount
- personal statement
-cv
A mentor for life in general , idk if that helps but feel free to ask more questions
Reply 9
Original post by kawaii5-0
What are your goals? :smile:

- I would like to get 3 a’s in psychology biology and chemistry do I can get into Warwick University
- I want to grow in confidence
- be able to articulate my ideas
- be a better perosn and be considerate of others
- I would like to become a philanthropist in the future
- I want to study digital marketing, psychology management or psychology marketing at uni, I want to study something that includes psychology buisness and the digital world
- I would like to earn more money so I can save towards uni
- I want to gain financial intelligence
If you would like to know more feel free to ask
Regarding your request for career help, one way is to find job preparation books. Get someone that you know to do a mock job interview and then prepare a feedback report for you to read. Read up on the entire application and hiring process. Good luck.
Original post by tinygirl96
Regarding your request for career help, one way is to find job preparation books. Get someone that you know to do a mock job interview and then prepare a feedback report for you to read. Read up on the entire application and hiring process. Good luck.

Thank you so much, do you have any recommendations for job preparation books ?
Ultimate CV and ultimate series are good
Original post by tinygirl96
Ultimate CV and ultimate series are good

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending