The Student Room Group
University of York
York

No accommodation in University of York

I feel worried about my accommodation at the University of york. Many accommodations are full now. And I don't have much budget for living outside the university. Can anyone provide help for me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some accommodation off campus is cheaper than on campus you may need to shop around. Otherwise you may just have to hope accomodation services finds you a room or defer:frown:
University of York
York
How far is your house from university
Reply 3
Original post by pmy
I feel worried about my accommodation at the University of york. Many accommodations are full now. And I don't have much budget for living outside the university. Can anyone provide help for me?

Have you contacted uni accommodation team.Did you apply before 27th July?There are lots of student houses off campus that are reasonably priced.
Reply 4
Original post by Scotney
There are lots of student houses off campus that are reasonably priced.

They are all sold out though!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by pmy

i’m having the exact same issue and pretty much all private accommodation is sold out too, hopefully we can both sort this out
Reply 6
Original post by Student1145
i’m having the exact same issue and pretty much all private accommodation is sold out too, hopefully we can both sort this out

Is York helping you look.Son got his place off another student who changed their mind through the uni.Also people do drop out even at this stage.
Original post by Scotney
Is York helping you look.Son got his place off another student who changed their mind through the uni.Also people do drop out even at this stage.

unfortunately not :/ i have called them several times and they just told me to be patient and gave me websites to look at for private acomm (the accommodation on said websites was fully booked)
Reply 8
Same boat here - it's a nightmare, isn't it? :frown:
Reply 9
I'm in the same boat - 1st year English student here. I can make a WhatsApp group for those in the same boat to share information and hopefully get places to stay! Or if one already exists can you add me!

For those that didn't get into halls and still need somewhere to stay, I'll be visiting York on Friday to (hopefully!) find somewhere, so might be able to be on the lookout for somewhere and take pictures if anyone hears of anywhere.

A lot of places have gone so will need to be quick about it. It's a nightmare!

So if there is anyone who is struggling to find accommodation just as I am, please message as soon as!
guys also have a look on Adam Bennett's website. @Tinkjon I forget to mention this. It's private accom off campus but sometimes they have houses going with 8 rooms that do fill up which is about the size of some on campus accom so you won't miss out on making friends. Currently they have two listings going that you might want to check out although I think one is in scarborough.

I'm a York student by the way so if anybody has any questions please don't hesitate to ask. i might not know all the answers but i may be able to point you in the right direction.

Edit: here is a link to the website https://www.adambennett.co.uk/
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Thanks Tinders! My daughter has decided to defer for a year if she hasn't got a room by mid-September. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all!
Hi I am in the exact same situation! Do you have snapchat?
Original post by pmy

I am in the exact same situation so you have Snapchat or anything?
@University of York you need to respond to these students asap!
I just looked on rightmove & spareroom. Their seems to be rental accommodation available on their, im guessing Facebook has stuff as well.
Also been in the same situation after applying on results day and being late with enrolment .I have applied to couple a couple of private houses for students nearby campus. I called them and they said I was on quite a large waiting list . I figured it was best to be realistic. I am just really worried about uni social life living off-campus :/
Reply 17
same here
Hi everyone,
We've spoken to the Accommodation Team who've provided the following statement.

Due to unprecedented demand this year for University-provided accommodation, we are currently working through a waiting list, and rooms are being allocated as soon as they become available.

We know it is very unsettling to not have everything sorted, and we are doing everything we can to increase the number of available rooms.

We wanted to take this opportunity to let you know what we are currently doing to address the issues being faced by students and deal with the increased level of demand.

- We are continuing to immediately offer out any rooms which come back into stock, due to students cancelling or letting their offer expire. This process happens everyday between 1pm - 3pm and we would advise students waiting for an offer to check their email every afternoon. Please note all students must accept their offer by 1pm the following day, after this time the rooms will go back into stock and be offered out to the next student on the waiting list.

- We are contacting all students who have booked rooms with us to understand arrival plans for Autumn Term, because we are aware plans may change due to the pandemic and ongoing restrictions/travel disruption. Any rooms which come back into stock through this process will immediately be offered out to those currently waiting for a room.

- We are also constantly monitoring availability with all private providers within York to be notified of any rooms which may become available.

- We are also setting up our social media feeds to give students a place to connect, in order to assist with searching for properties as groups in the private sector.

- We are contacting second and third year students to ascertain if any of those students have available rooms within current lets.

Again, we know it is very unsettling to not have everything sorted, however we would just ask that you bear with us over the next few days as we look to see what we can do to assist and we will ensure we will keep all students updated throughout this week and next.

The Accommodation Team

Please don't hesitate to contact the Accommodation Team (email [email protected] or call +44 (0)1904 322165) if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
University of York TSR Ambassadors
Hi, I’m a first year student at York and have found no accommodation! Please can I be added to a group if made:smile: Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending