The Student Room Group

Is it just me, or is the Access to HE (Nursing) course extremely challenging?

I am currently doing my Access to HE Course (Nursing) through learn direct. It is my life dream to become a nurse. However, I signed up to the course 3 months ago and I am still on unit 2. I worked really hard on all my answers and was graded as "not achieved". Now I have to do the assignments all over again and honestly it's making me question if maybe I am too stupid to do this course. I also work at a GP Practice 25 hours per week and I am trying my best to balance work and studying.

I would really appreciate some encouraging words as right now I am feeling really low about it.
I finished my access to nursing and midwifery level 3 this summer and am going onto my adult nursing degree in September. Not going to lie it’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever done and I did mine at an actual college! I did 16 hours a week in college and was expected to do the same if not more at home to study, revise and complete assignments. So we’re talking around 35+ hours a week. Most unis want quite a few distinctions which is top grade in a lot of your assignments for nursing so it’s quite hard, so you basically get out of it what you put in. These courses aren’t supposed to be easy as they’re the equivalent to a levels and you have a lot less time to learn the content and get the grades. Do you have any tutors or personal advisors you can get in touch with if you’re struggling with the assignments? And how much work do you have to do in what timeframe?
It honestly is tough but if you want it as much as you want to breathe then you’ll do it believe me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending