The Student Room Group

Why this double standard?

Multiple times I've experienced, along with friends, girls taking advantage of boys who are passed out & not asked for touching/groping in general.

It is sad there is such a double standard, that girls go unpunished for the most part, or most just laugh.

Even an accusation of this to a guy from a girl, their reputation is instantly destroyed.

Its not quirky

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Multiple times I've experienced, along with friends, girls taking advantage of boys who are passed out & not asked for touching/groping in general.

It is sad there is such a double standard, that girls go unpunished for the most part, or most just laugh.

Even an accusation of this to a guy from a girl, their reputation is instantly destroyed.

Its not quirky

It seems to come from a overprotective reaction from public opinion as well as "traditional" "Western" strictures on gender and increasing criticism of the male sex in general.
Most men don't get harassed
Reply 3
Original post by LOWLIFE23
Most men don't get harassed

Most women don't get raped. Is it still a problem?

I'd just like to point out a double standard.

For example, most girls from my old school would post stuff about 'abuse' etc. But yet they wouldn't call out their friends when they're acting innappropriately towards a guy, would completely laugh it off. Lack of accountability.

Recently watched a show where a girls line was 'but you know girls can't control what they do around guys they like'. Imagine the outrage if that was a guys line - it would never happen.

For example, most girls from my old school would post stuff about 'abuse' etc. But yet they wouldn't call out their friends when they're acting innappropriately towards a guy, would completely laugh it off. Lack of accountability.

Recently watched a show where a girls line was 'but you know girls can't control what they do around guys they like'. Imagine the outrage if that was a guys line - it would never happen.

Your overthinking it man

Don't mind him. He'll just brush it off.
Reply 6
Original post by SlaveofAll
It seems to come from a overprotective reaction from public opinion as well as "traditional" "Western" strictures on gender and increasing criticism of the male sex in general.

You're focusing mainly on the accusation part? I agree, we've all been predisposed that women are innocent until guilty (even with strong evidence, for example johnny depp), whereas with men, you're on your own, even if there's no evidence.
You're focusing mainly on the accusation part? I agree, we've all been predisposed that women are innocent until guilty (even with strong evidence, for example johnny depp), whereas with men, you're on your own, even if there's no evidence.

And to think that the risk should remain on men. How I wish people would treat both sexes evenly on that matter.
Reply 8
Original post by LOWLIFE23
Your overthinking it man

relax
Reply 9
For example, most girls from my old school would post stuff about 'abuse' etc. But yet they wouldn't call out their friends when they're acting innappropriately towards a guy, would completely laugh it off.

So if you knew this whas happening, what did you do about it? Aren't you contributing to lack of accountability if you didn't speak up?

By the way...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2021/08/19/beauty-therapist-who-slapped-mans-bottom-at-club-charged-with-sexual-assault-15116857/amp/
A sizeable proportion of the uk & usa population seem to be in the habit of either trivialising or completely ignoring sexual crimes that don't involve physical violence, rape or the use of an illegal weapon.
Regardless of whether the culprit is female or male.

I have a female senior coworker whose frequent workplace sexual assaults upon much younger guys has half of legal department taking treble doses of medication for high blood pressure.
All guys and contractors that complain are generally ignored, laughed off or branded lying scam artists.
Then none too subtly threatened with legal action that will leave them severely out of pocket and unemployable for at least a decade.
To be fair my guy friend once woke up to a girl sucking him off in uni halls
Reply 12

Its not quirky

yes there is definitely a double standard in society where it's pretty much ok for girls to do it to guys but never the other way round
To be fair my guy friend once woke up to a girl sucking him off in uni halls

That's messed up on so many levels. I'm pretty sure that's sexual assault and correct me if I'm wrong, rape. I feel really bad for your friend.
Wait, seriously? I'm deeply disturbed by this. The law needs to change ASAP.
Reply 15
lmao this is 2021
What a messed up world
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have a massive headache right now so I have to keep my stress levels low but right now I'm bloody angry. This is actually okay in the eyes of the law? Disgusting.
Sounds like low value people in general. You've got to remember that were talking about something as common as 1 out of every 2 people so even the 0.x percenters are going to be a large amount of individuals on both sides.
Original post by Surnia
So if you knew this whas happening, what did you do about it? Aren't you contributing to lack of accountability if you didn't speak up?

By the way...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2021/08/19/beauty-therapist-who-slapped-mans-bottom-at-club-charged-with-sexual-assault-15116857/amp/

1 in a million

You just proved my point. No one is responsible for me to be accountable of my actions, that in itself is accountability. However yes we all did call her out & she tried to play the victim.
I have a massive headache right now so I have to keep my stress levels low but right now I'm bloody angry. This is actually okay in the eyes of the law? Disgusting.

It's a disgrace how men are treated in court & in divorce.

While I'm slightly against abortion. I believe women who get pregnant by someone & know that they are pregnant should inform the person they slept with before the cutoff of 24 weeks, as a legal requirement. If they don't inform them then the guy doesn't need to pay child support. Or they could choose to keep the child. I think thats perfectly reasonable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending