The Student Room Group

NHS Job Process: absolute liberty?

I was recently offered a band 2 NHS position. However, I won’t be getting the job because I don’t have the appropriate documents they have requested from my ID check.

They requested 3 forms of ID: my passport, my driving license, and a bank statement dated within the last 3 months. (I also gave them my NI number.)

I provided them will all 3 but they told me it was unsatisfactory due to my passport being expired & my my bank statement being printed from internet banking. I could get another bank statement but I’m not willing to pay £100+ for an emergency replacement passport.

Could anyone please give me advice because I really want to worth for the NHS. Are all NHS jobs like this or was it just this particular position?

I’m finding the NHS job process to be so much more complicated and confusing than the standard job process - even for the lowest paying positions.
(edited 2 years ago)
This sounds like it could be for a DBS check or similar? Could you ask them if they would accept any other forms of ID?
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
This sounds like it could be for a DBS check or similar? Could you ask them if they would accept any other forms of ID?

Hi, thanks for commenting. Yes I believe it’s for a DBS check. They provided me with a list of acceptable documents and unfortunately I only have the ones mentioned in this post. They don’t accept documents such as birth certificates, even though the Government website states that they are acceptable.
Original post by camcole44
Hi, thanks for commenting. Yes I believe it’s for a DBS check. They provided me with a list of acceptable documents and unfortunately I only have the ones mentioned in this post. They don’t accept documents such as birth certificates, even though the Government website states that they are acceptable.

That’s strange. I’m currently assembling documents for one for some volunteer work I’m doing and am allowed to use things like a phone bill. Also, what do you mean about the bank statement? Are the ones you can print off from internet banking not sufficient?
Ah really? I’m 19 & live at home so I don’t pay utility bills. I pay a mobile bill but that isn’t accepted. And yeah, they said my bank statement was insufficient because it was printed from the internet. They only accept bank statements in the form of a direct letter from the bank. They seem to be quite strict.
(edited 2 years ago)

You need to get a new passport, there is no other way. They will be doing an enhanced DBS check, not a standard one, which is why they may not accept some of the documents stated on the government website.
Reply 6

I don't know why they won't accept a birth certificate, but even if they did you would need to provide other ID too, including at least one current photo ID. The guidance says passports must be in date and that bank statements printed from the internet are not acceptable. Employers would want to see a passport or immigration document to check your right to work also.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-identity-checking-guidelines/id-checking-guidelines-for-dbs-check-applications-from-3-september-2018

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending