The Student Room Group

Are my GCSEs going to get me rejected for economics at UCL?

Heya, i did terrible for my GCSEs
I got
Maths-8
French-8
Chemistry-8
Physics-8
Geog-8
Bio-8
English Lang/lit-6/6
Re-6
Music 5

I feel that these grades don’t represent my actual ability. If i manage to get A* A* A (A*) for my A-levels(Maths, Econ, physics and EPQ) would i still have a chance at UCL economics? Or will i get rejected?

Thank you
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by User3205
Heya, i did terrible for my GCSEs
I got
Maths-8
French-8
Chemistry-8
Physics-7
Geog-7
Bio-6
English Lang/lit-6/6
Re-6
Music 5

I feel that these grades don’t represent my actual ability. If i manage to get A* A* A (A*) for my A-levels(Maths, Econ, physics and EPQ) would i still have a chance at UCL economics? Or will i get rejected?

Thank you

First off, those are hardly bad GCSEs - you should be really proud! Generally your A Level predicted grades will play into it more than GCSEs - especially because you got an 8 in maths, and the highest requirement I've seen for English or Maths is 6 which you have met. Unfortunately your grades are below average for a UCL Economics applicant however they will by no means completely erase your chances for an offer. It just means that the rest of your application will need to be stronger. :smile:
The lack of further maths a-level will make more of a difference than your GCSEs, most unis don't even look at GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending