I want to study medicine but my a levels are not ideal.

Watch this thread
beth123student
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m looking at studying medicine, but when i took my A levels i didn’t know what i wanted to do and only got CCC in subjects unrelated. I considered resitting my exams but a lot of med schools don’t accept resits unless there are extreme circumstances (which there were not). If i were to take Biology, Chemistry
SyedN
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by beth123student)
I’m looking at studying medicine, but when i took my A levels i didn’t know what i wanted to do and only got CCC in subjects unrelated. I considered resitting my exams but a lot of med schools don’t accept resits unless there are extreme circumstances (which there were not). If i were to take Biology, Chemistry
Do not worry about resits not being accept, there's still 20 med schools that will look at your application even if you resat!
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by beth123student)
If you sit 3 A levels, in one sitting, including chem and bio and another subject you have not done before and get at least AAA, then very few, if any, med schools would discriminate your results from a first time sitter
Last edited by GANFYD; 8 months ago
Isha8080
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I’m in the exact same situation too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (62)
65.96%
No (25)
26.6%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.45%

Watched Threads