The Student Room Group

I regret texting him back HELP

Some days ago I posted on FB an article about selfish love. My ex who dumped me 1 month ago got the hint or something and after 0 contact during this month texted me hoping me I was doing fine, and asking me not to hold grudges for him.

I didn't want to respond but I felt I had pending things to say so I started kind of arguing about what happened, he doesn't want to admit half of the things he did to me and says he hopes we can be friends in the future. I told him that actually the best was to break up and all that so he doesn't think I want to come back. I think he got what he wanted, checking that I would respond because he stopped responding too.

So now I regret having texted back, and don't know how to act from now on to make him think I don't CARE. But how?
Original post by Anonymous
Some days ago I posted on FB an article about selfish love. My ex who dumped me 1 month ago got the hint or something and after 0 contact during this month texted me hoping me I was doing fine, and asking me not to hold grudges for him.

I didn't want to respond but I felt I had pending things to say so I started kind of arguing about what happened, he doesn't want to admit half of the things he did to me and says he hopes we can be friends in the future. I told him that actually the best was to break up and all that so he doesn't think I want to come back. I think he got what he wanted, checking that I would respond because he stopped responding too.

So now I regret having texted back, and don't know how to act from now on to make him think I don't CARE. But how?

You do care. That's why you care about what he thinks. There are ways to make sure he doesn't care, but I'd guess you're still too stuck in the relationship to do anything about it.
Reply 2
Original post by ThatOldGuy
You do care. That's why you care about what he thinks. There are ways to make sure he doesn't care, but I'd guess you're still too stuck in the relationship to do anything about it.

Tell me those ways. If it's blocking I think it's not necessary and that would make him think I care more and that I can't stand all this.
The real key here is- you Do still care you just want him to think that you don’t.
If you didn’t still care then what he thought about it wouldn’t matter.
Move on with your life, delete his number from your phone and let the past go. Easier said than done but your goal needs to be moving on rather than proving to him you don’t care.
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
The real key here is- you Do still care you just want him to think that you don’t.
If you didn’t still care then what he thought about it wouldn’t matter.
Move on with your life, delete his number from your phone and let the past go. Easier said than done but your goal needs to be moving on rather than proving to him you don’t care.

I was ok with not knowing anything from him until he texted. I just want to let him know that even I texted back I don't expect anything from him. It's a question of pride and self healing. I just want to revert the fact I texted back so he can think I care!
I was ok with not knowing anything from him until he texted. I just want to let him know that even I texted back I don't expect anything from him. It's a question of pride and self healing. I just want to revert the fact I texted back so he can think I care!

You unfortunately cannot go back in time and stop yourself from replying to him. And any further contact with him for now will just give him more evidence that you still care.
Contacting him more will not help you regain your pride or help you to heal.
The best revenge is like I say, actually move on and forget about him.
Tell me those ways. If it's blocking I think it's not necessary and that would make him think I care more and that I can't stand all this

Yeah. So your options are:

1) Find some dude and rail him 'til the break of dawn. Your man'll find out and he'll know you don't care.
2) Actually not care.

That's it. Those are your options for making him think you don't care.

1) Find some dude and rail him 'til the break of dawn. Your man'll find out and he'll know you don't care.
2) Actually not care.

:lol: shoot your shot my guy
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8

2) Actually not care.

1st option is nice.
2nd...If I don't care how will he know I don't care? LOL
Stop playing games. It doesn’t matter whether he thinks or doesn’t think that you care. Just block him and never respond again.
1st option is nice.
2nd...If I don't care how will he know I don't care? LOL

So do option 1. You're anonymous on here, so no one knows. Go do your thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending