The Student Room Group

Would any white guys be interested in a Pakistani girl?

I'm in my late twenties and not that religious, I wear a hijab because I was forced to wear it by my parents when I was younger and now I have a choice but still wear it for non religious reasons when I go out most of the time or just wear a hat as long as my hair is covered. I dress modestly in casual English clothes and wear less make up. I eat halal food and that's about it. So I doubt it would be a problem dating a white guy unless he didn't like me or has a problem with Muslims. I'm skinny and I'm not ugly even though I think I am sometimes. I always catch guys checking me out but no one will approach me and I don't have the guts to approach them. Whenever I like someone, I never tell them and then it gets too late and they just move on with someone else.

I'm not interested in any other race. I like white guys but I don't know if one will ever be interested in me. Before I had a crush on a non Muslim guy he looked white but wasn't, I could tell he liked me too but neither of us said anything to the other. He probably thought he didn't have a chance with me cos I'm Muslim and he isn't or I didn't like him or thought I was really religious. Anyway, he moved on with someone else who he is still with now.

There were a few other non Muslims that I've liked some of them were white but nothing ever happened. I don't like anyone now. Haven't met anyone since before covid, I've been at home since the first lockdown, only going out to run errands. I work from home as I'm self employed, I could never work with people with being an introvert.

I feel like this is my life now, it will be like this for the rest of my life. I will never meet anyone.

Scroll to see replies

Just be realistic. If your parents make you wear a hijab or modest attire, would they approve you dating or marrying someone outside your community?
Why don't your parents or friends, set you up with someone?
And regarding dating apps... They could be an option - though I wouldn't recommend disclosing your religion or ideologies in the beginning.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Just be realistic. If your parents make you wear a hijab or modest attire, would they approve you dating or marrying someone outside your community?

They don't make me wear the hijab anymore. My parents are seperated and I live with my mum- she doesn't care if I wear it or not. I have sisters who don't wear the hijab. It was really my dad who forced us to wear it, with him out of the picture now it has nothing to do with him.
Reply 4
And regarding dating apps... They could be an option - though I wouldn't recommend disclosing your religion or ideologies in the beginning.

I don't have any friends lol to ask. My mum is open but not sure what she would think of me getting married at all. Since it didn't work out with my Dad. I don't think she expects me or my sibling to ever marry so I don't know how to tell her about this. I wouldn't have the guts to either.
Reply 5

I've tried dating apps but no one ever caught my eye, it's only in real life where I've actually been attracted to white guys. The ones online I don't know what it is, there pictures make them look weird maybe the wrong lighting I don't know what it was, I just gave up. I don't think that's for me.
Reply 6
I find them beautiful and would like to in theory, but it's difficult with the parents and friends since I dislike Islam and the hijab for being misogynistic/conservative. I tried to date a (Spanish) Catholic once and at first it seems like you can just ignore everything else and enjoy each other's personalities, but that was naive. It becomes strained quite easily, even with simple things like going for drinks or holidays, let alone when each other's familiies try to mix! We didn't get very serious but her dad met my dad once (briefly) and it was tense to say the least :rofl:

I definitely think you should approach the guys rather than waiting. I imagine most guys won't make the first move because they'll assume you're religious and would never date them. You say you wear the hijab for non-religious reasons but they aren't going to know that.
Reply 7
Original post by Shook
I find them beautiful and would like to in theory, but it's difficult with the parents and friends since I dislike Islam and the hijab for being misogynistic/conservative. I tried to date a (Spanish) Catholic once and at first it seems like you can just ignore everything else and enjoy each other's personalities, but that was naive. It becomes strained quite easily, even with simple things like going for drinks or holidays, let alone when each other's familiies try to mix! We didn't get very serious but her dad met my dad once (briefly) and it was tense to say the least :rofl:

I definitely think you should approach the guys rather than waiting. I imagine most guys won't make the first move because they'll assume you're religious and would never date them. You say you wear the hijab for non-religious reasons but they aren't going to know that.

I know I should approach them first but I'm too shy, I could never do it. Plus I've not met anyone lately so there is no one to approach even if I gained the courage which I doubt I ever will. I wish someone would approach me but they never will.
Quite a few caucasian guys will be open to dating you if you meet their attraction dealbreakers in terms of looks and personality.
Particularly secular guys with close family links to bosnia, cyprus, italy, portugal, spain and turkey.
But some attractive guys will friendzone you within minutes due to being automatically turned off by the headwear or your preference for modest fashions.

Don't give up hope of meeting a guy compatible with your dealbreakers and preferences.
My friend's parents were born in Pakistan, she is married to a caucasian american military veteran.
She and her husband are both atheists.
Her younger brother is a follower of islam and their father spent a fortune on her wedding.
'I wear a hijab because I was forced to wear it by my parents when I was younger' surely this is just a racist trope by Tommy Robinson also are you a virgin? Also why do you only like white guys? Also yes a lot of white guys like Pakistanis the average Pakistani is hotter than the average white woman.
Reply 10
I like Arab girls as well but it seems Arab girls doesn't like black guys especially Africans.
Original post by londonmyst
Quite a few caucasian guys will be open to dating you if you meet their attraction dealbreakers in terms of looks and personality.
Particularly secular guys with close family links to bosnia, cyprus, italy, portugal, spain and turkey.
But some attractive guys will friendzone you within minutes due to being automatically turned off by the headwear or your preference for modest fashions.

Don't give up hope of meeting a guy compatible with your dealbreakers and preferences.
My friend's parents were born in Pakistan, she is married to a caucasian american military veteran.
She and her husband are both atheists.
Her younger brother is a follower of islam and their father spent a fortune on her wedding.

I don't want to give up but it feels like I won't ever meet anyone.
What is the point of making the same thread if you're not even going to listen to what other people say
Original post by karl pilkington
'I wear a hijab because I was forced to wear it by my parents when I was younger' surely this is just a racist trope by Tommy Robinson also are you a virgin? Also why do you only like white guys? Also yes a lot of white guys like Pakistanis the average Pakistani is hotter than the average white woman.

It happens, more than you'd like to think
If you are not religious and loves western guys and culture that much why dont you just leave the religion and identity yourself as an atheist ? Don't you think it would be better in the dating pool for you if you stop identifying yourself as a muslim? And why do you even wear the head scarf if you feel uncomfortable/oppressed in that?
(edited 2 years ago)
me personally I'm a colossal pervert. No body and no sexual act is to depraved for me. I will do anything to anybody.

Hope that answers your question.
I personally wouldn't date someone with a hijab because I feel like it'd overcomplicate things (I am not religious either). But ethnicity has nothing to do with it, there are plenty attractive girls who are Pakistani :smile:.
Original post by a_human_being?
It happens, more than you'd like to think

I was being a bit sarcastic I suspect most of them are forced to wear it
Guys are not as fussy about sh&t like your height, ethnicity, etc. Even gender, apparently. Which is interesting.

Anyway, you'll be fine.
I'm down but I'm Black-German-american.

I'm assuming that's not your white criteria.

Wtf is this post lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending