Official Aston University 2022 Applicant Thread

Watch
Imran858
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JoshC14)
Hi everyone, I have had an unconditional offer for Civil Engineering starting 2022.
I’m hoping to get to the open day on the 20th.
Anyone else applying for an engineering course?
Oh wow well done. Did you have to do an interview or is that not common?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JoshC14)
Hi everyone, I have had an unconditional offer for Civil Engineering starting 2022.
I’m hoping to get to the open day on the 20th.
Anyone else applying for an engineering course?
Did you have an interview for it or is that uncommon
JoshC14
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Imran858)
Oh wow well done. Did you have to do an interview or is that not common?
I didn’t have an interview, although I submitted my CV as my application was a contextual one (I’m not waiting for A levels) so I guess on the basis of judging all my experiences they were able to offer me so early. (September 22 entry)
Raila
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I’ve applied for Human resources and business management and have also received a conditional offer for the course.
Imran858
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Did you have to do an interview
Imran ali786
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Priyaa76)
Im applying for the same course at the same uni!!
What a levels do you do and what are you predicted?
Freyab19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CHARLIE_l)
Yeah, it kinda sucks given that you really only have a year to find people and then are stuck with them for another year. But I suppose you could get lucky and find a few people you get along with.
You could also go into private accomodation such as Onyx and have a dorm like room for second and third year, the downside of this is that you will have to make friends with flatmates every year and your surroundings keep changing.
Freyab19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Imran ali786)
I'll be going! Will you be travelling from quite far or do you live close to the uni?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I live relatively close i only had to get a 55 min train.
Did you end up going? How did you find it?
Freyab19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm not sure yet. DM me if you hear anything about your offer x
Sure will but I won't be amle to do it directly because your post is anonymous
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Imran858)
I’ve not even applied yet and don’t they go through applications after the deadline?
Received offer day after submitted application, and 2nd offer after 2 days - but not Russell group ones yet. Most will review applications as submitted even if they hold off making offers - some will be waiting till after ucas deadline and possibly more certainty about exam situation vs TAGS, especially if they over recruited last year coz of TAGS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.64%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.06%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.45%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.53%
Getting distracted (14)
14.89%
Procrastination (37)
39.36%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads