The Student Room Group

Cybersecurity

I am 18 and have just got his Cybersecurity results from college.
I got a Pearson BTEC L3 certificate -Distinction and AQA Level 3 Technical Level IT: Cybersecurity and Security Administration -Merit & Pass
Unfortunately i did not get a place at the university i wanted to go to, and due to wishing to live at home my options are narrowed alot. The remaining two universities i could possibly get into via clearing appear more relaxed and a bit more like colleges, not as professional as my first choice.
Should i resit and try for my chosen university next year? or get a place this year at one of the other universities? When getting jobs do employers put alot of stock in which university you got your degree from or do they view all degrees as equal?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by 877cms
I am 18 and have just got his Cybersecurity results from college.
I got a Pearson BTEC L3 certificate -Distinction and AQA Level 3 Technical Level IT: Cybersecurity and Security Administration -Merit & Pass
Unfortunately i did not get a place at the university i wanted to go to, and due to wishing to live at home my options are narrowed alot. The remaining two universities i could possibly get into via clearing appear more relaxed and a bit more like colleges, not as professional as my first choice.
Should i resit and try for my chosen university next year? or get a place this year at one of the other universities? When getting jobs do employers put alot of stock in which university you got your degree from or do they view all degrees as equal?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

What is left in Clearing at this very late stage, will be very low level courses - ie. no-one else wanted them so that should tell you not to for them.

You will be restricted in choice because you only have BTECs but you could probably do far better if you apply in September with a full UCAS application with 5 choices for Sept 2022 entry. Bigger Unis have better facilities especially for STEM subjects, and that will matter, simple because you'll be able to study in more depth and breadth than somewhere that is essentially a local college. And a bigger, 'proper' Uni will give you a much better social life and overall 'student experience'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending