Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Official University of Brighton 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vic Vinegar
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Brighton for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here

Hi hoping to study photography at this University which is my dream university. Still haven't heard anything yet and get a bit anxious. Has one one else heard anything from Brighton about photography?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by alabama21
Hi hoping to study photography at this University which is my dream university. Still haven't heard anything yet and get a bit anxious. Has one one else heard anything from Brighton about photography?

Not a photography student, animation, but I haven't heard back yet either! Honestly I've been checking every couple hours (every day :biggrin:) ever since my interview, but I don't know how many interviews they have left to go through for animation/game art applicants :s-smilie: It'd be nice to see that on Studentview. I hope you guys hear back soon! This wait is killing me haha

Are you guys planning to live in residence or share a place with others? :smile: (Or even stay at home?) I've done both dorm life and house-sharing during my current program, and I think I might do a house-share in Brighton if I go there.
Original post by featherfallingxi
Not a photography student, animation, but I haven't heard back yet either! Honestly I've been checking every couple hours (every day :biggrin:) ever since my interview, but I don't know how many interviews they have left to go through for animation/game art applicants :s-smilie: It'd be nice to see that on Studentview. I hope you guys hear back soon! This wait is killing me haha

Are you guys planning to live in residence or share a place with others? :smile: (Or even stay at home?) I've done both dorm life and house-sharing during my current program, and I think I might do a house-share in Brighton if I go there.

I haven't recieved any news not even an interview
I applied for illustration sent them my portfolio around the 15/16th February and the last message I heard from them was the 3rd of March saying they had my portfolio 🥲
Reply 43
Original post by Kashiwxgi
I haven't recieved any news not even an interview
I applied for illustration sent them my portfolio around the 15/16th February and the last message I heard from them was the 3rd of March saying they had my portfolio 🥲

When I attended the online portfolio event the illustration department said they aren't interviewing for illustration this year. It's just based on portfolio so no need to worry about no interview :smile:
Original post by romy112
When I attended the online portfolio event the illustration department said they aren't interviewing for illustration this year. It's just based on portfolio so no need to worry about no interview :smile:

I'm quite relieved at that but I'm starting to get a bit impatient on waiting as I want to make my final decision now😭
Original post by featherfallingxi

I haven't even had an interview yet thats why I'm worries. I'm planning to live residential
Original post by Kashiwxgi
I'm quite relieved at that but I'm starting to get a bit impatient on waiting as I want to make my final decision now😭

Fingers crossed for everyone - a friend got an unconditional offer for illustration yesterday. Portfolio was submitted late Jan/early Feb. No interview required.
Original post by Kata girl
Fingers crossed for everyone - a friend got an unconditional offer for illustration yesterday. Portfolio was submitted late Jan/early Feb. No interview required.

Hopefully this week will be the week I hear back then I'm waiting for them to make my final decision😭
Original post by Kata girl

omggg I'm so worried now 😰
Original post by Sonny2002
omggg I'm so worried now 😰

Try to be patient - hopefully you will hear soon and it will be the news you want. No one knows how they update the results - it could be alphabetical, by order of reviewer, order of UCAS application, unconditionals, then conditionals, anything ! They also have a lot to get through. Stay positive...
Still waiting on the results I'm getting nervous
i got accepted into the illustration course five days ago, they must be responding to a lot of people now
Reply 52
Hey
I've got an offer for Brighton uni to study Politics and social change which I will accept if my grades go to plan
The first year this course will be taking place at Falmer Campus. This in my research is a bit of trek into Brighton. Just wondering if i can have some info and advice regarding transport and costs. I have a car but have been advised that is is unwise to bring it due to the cost and the little parking in Brighton and the little usage I would get from it. I'd just want to see what current or past students think. I'm more than open to leaving my car at home and using public transport. However, I'm unsure of whether to buy a bus or train tickets. I can see from the websites they have student deals however even with these I would be financially limited to only buying one pass unless there is a joint ticket or travel pass I'm unaware of (which would be great ) Just seeking advice about which is best to get in regards to cost, reliability and frequency. Any advice would be great!

PS: if anyone else is starting Politics and social change in september 22 then please respond as I'm yet to find anyone else.
Reply 53
Original post by T045T3R
Hey
I've got an offer for Brighton uni to study Politics and social change which I will accept if my grades go to plan
The first year this course will be taking place at Falmer Campus. This in my research is a bit of trek into Brighton. Just wondering if i can have some info and advice regarding transport and costs. I have a car but have been advised that is is unwise to bring it due to the cost and the little parking in Brighton and the little usage I would get from it. I'd just want to see what current or past students think. I'm more than open to leaving my car at home and using public transport. However, I'm unsure of whether to buy a bus or train tickets. I can see from the websites they have student deals however even with these I would be financially limited to only buying one pass unless there is a joint ticket or travel pass I'm unaware of (which would be great ) Just seeking advice about which is best to get in regards to cost, reliability and frequency. Any advice would be great!

PS: if anyone else is starting Politics and social change in september 22 then please respond as I'm yet to find anyone else.

The student bus pass is good. It's £3.45 for 24 hours. Not sure where exactly the Brighton Falmer campus is but it's very easy to get the number "25 Universities" bus from the bus stop right next to the Falmer train station.
Original post by T045T3R
Hey

Hey!

So coming from my experience of being a student at University of Sussex about a decade ago (and going to start at Brighton Uni this Sep), the Brighton Falmer campus is right next to Falmer train station (Sussex is across the A27 from the station). The train is much faster than the bus, but I don't think there are many options for a travel pass on the trains so you'd need to just pay for each journey. This is costly compared to what you get for a bus ticket, but that's really an educated guess as I haven't looked into the train too much but the bus just seems like a much better deal. I'll personally be getting a 12 month student bus pass as it is valid across the whole bus network and is unlimited. Here's my small amount of research:

Student networkSaver Bus Pass: £487.75 (per year) roughly works out at £9.38 per week

Return journey from Falmer to Brighton: £3.90 (per return journey)

So if you're planning on going into Brighton more than twice a week (and planning on going anywhere else really) then I'd say the bus offers a lot more value.

Having lived on Sussex campus for my first year, and then in Brighton for 2nd and 3rd year, getting to and from Brighton from campus really isn't that bad and doesn't take that long. It's basically 1 straight road all the way there, and with the hassle and cost of parking I really don't think it's worth bringing your car (i'll be selling mine before I start). One note, when you're coming back from Brighton on the bus, the buses will go to Sussex first which can add about 5 mins to your journey.

Hope that helps! :smile:
I got a conditional offer, does anyone know where the "Information about your offer" section is on the Student View?
Anybody doing marketing? haven’t found anyone yet and no idea what to book for accommodation #help
Original post by Vic Vinegar
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Brighton for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here

Hii,
I've applied to do Sociology and I am sitting for my Sociology, History and English exams.
Original post by holliejaz
Anybody doing marketing? haven’t found anyone yet and no idea what to book for accommodation #help

Hey! I got an offer for Msc digital marketing. Are you looking for uni accommodation or private?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I got an offer for Msc digital marketing. Are you looking for uni accommodation or private?

i don’t t know yet, im looking at both. wbu? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending