The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dbster
Just got an offer for economics (uk student)

thats class bro 1st of many
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 81
Original post by shirazali123
got an offer for biomedical sciences!!

Congratulations, that's amazing! Hopefully that means some more science departments will be making offers soon.
Does anyone know how soon Bristol were giving out law offers after getting LNAT results last year?
Reply 83
Original post by dbster
Just got an offer for economics (uk student)

congratulations!!
anyone know anything about economics and management?
Hello Bristol applicants! I applied Msci Theoretical Physics on the 16th Oct, and got an acknowledgement on 19th Oct. I'm really hoping I get an early offer from them so I know I have this safe choice there.
Also, I found Bristol's offer rates from 2018 - 2020, they are pretty elusive with them so they were hard to find but if anyone is interested I have attached the spreadsheet!
Original post by _Kestrel_
Does anyone know how soon Bristol were giving out law offers after getting LNAT results last year?

yep i’ve been wondering the same thing 😭😭
Original post by aman1827
anyone applying for math? been put on hold ;(

Yes I just got an offer for maths this morning
Original post by lazyseahorse
yep i’ve been wondering the same thing 😭😭

It's not even been 48 hours since they got the LNAT results and I am so impatient! :redface:
It's not even been 48 hours since they got the LNAT results and I am so impatient! :redface:

Haha same!!

Original post by ziggy_1999
Haha same!!

are either of you on hold for law at bristol? because I've applied and received the confirmation/portal email but not heard anything about being on hold!
Original post by Anonymous
Yes I just got an offer for maths this morning

congrats! hopefully i get a decision soon ;(
Original post by teddyblue
Hello Bristol applicants! I applied Msci Theoretical Physics on the 16th Oct, and got an acknowledgement on 19th Oct. I'm really hoping I get an early offer from them so I know I have this safe choice there.
Also, I found Bristol's offer rates from 2018 - 2020, they are pretty elusive with them so they were hard to find but if anyone is interested I have attached the spreadsheet!

Thank you! How come there's such a large gap between the number of offers and the number of acceptances? And what actually is an acceptance? Is it the number of people who end up doing the course in the following year?
Original post by IJaguar
Thank you! How come there's such a large gap between the number of offers and the number of acceptances? And what actually is an acceptance? Is it the number of people who end up doing the course in the following year?

yes, an acceptance is basically the number of people who accepted the offer and did the course!
as for the gap, bristol might offer (for example) 100 people a place, but only 50 accept that offer as they might have preferred offers elsewhere :smile:
Original post by IJaguar

Acceptance is when someone actually goes to the course yes. I believe there is such a large difference because a lot of people apply to Bristol as a safe choice alongside other prestigious universities like Oxbridge.
I also think it's why a lot of the courses have quite high offer rates, as they suspect not everyone will actually go. This is probably why they don't present their offer rates everywhere, since a lot of people judge a University's prestige on how hard it is to get in.
Original post by dolcie000
are either of you on hold for law at bristol? because I've applied and received the confirmation/portal email but not heard anything about being on hold!

I applied last Monday I think? I basically switched QMUL for Bristol, because London didn't seem worth the expense if I don't get KCL or LSE. Hopefully I'm not on hold? A Bristol rep at some fair told me last week that I should wait for 4-5 weeks to hear from them
Original post by ziggy_1999
I applied last Monday I think? I basically switched QMUL for Bristol, because London didn't seem worth the expense if I don't get KCL or LSE. Hopefully I'm not on hold? A Bristol rep at some fair told me last week that I should wait for 4-5 weeks to hear from them

yea i applied last monday too, i'd just heard a lot of people are on hold and I didn't know if that's a good thing or not? either way, I haven't heard of any law applicants on hold yet as far as I know
Original post by dolcie000
yea i applied last monday too, i'd just heard a lot of people are on hold and I didn't know if that's a good thing or not? either way, I haven't heard of any law applicants on hold yet as far as I know

Ohhh ok. Do you get a mail saying you're on hold or something?
Original post by Anonymous
congrats! hopefully i get a decision soon ;(

Thanks. And don’t worry you’ll get a decision soon! I applied super early (like mid September) so maybe that’s why I’ve heard back early!
anyone got offer from mechanical engineering? :confused:
Original post by teddyblue

wow according to this theres a 83% offer rates for economics. Thats mental so much higher than i thought itd be

Quick Reply