Applying for Oxford with wack predicted grades

Watch this thread
wingedangel
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So I'm thinking of applying to Oxford (I probably will) for the 2022 school year. Thing is, my predicted grades are wack as. That being said, my school is holding exams as soon as we get back in and they promised that if scores improve then they'll raise your predicted grades. I know that people will try and talk me out of it, however, every attempt never taken is a failure.

Do you think this is stupid?
asclepeion
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by wingedangel)
So I'm thinking of applying to Oxford (I probably will) for the 2022 school year. Thing is, my predicted grades are wack as. That being said, my school is holding exams as soon as we get back in and they promised that if scores improve then they'll raise your predicted grades. I know that people will try and talk me out of it, however, every attempt never taken is a failure.

Do you think this is stupid?
What counts as wack predicted grades?
leviticus.
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
+ what course?
wingedangel
Rep:
(Original post by leviticus.)
+ what course?
Economics and Management
viennas
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by wingedangel)
Economics and Management
As far as I know E&M at Oxford has the lowest acceptance rate of any Oxbridge course and is extremely competitive, even for Oxbridge standards. I'm not sure what your standard of wack grades is, but anything lower than the entry requirements and you're very likely to get an interview regardless of your TSA score. So your #1 priority should be to get A*AA minimum for your predicted grades, and then go 100% on TSA preparation and wider reading.
wingedangel
Rep:
(Original post by viennas)
As far as I know E&M at Oxford has the lowest acceptance rate of any Oxbridge course and is extremely competitive, even for Oxbridge standards. I'm not sure what your standard of wack grades is, but anything lower than the entry requirements and you're very likely to get an interview regardless of your TSA score. So your #1 priority should be to get A*AA minimum for your predicted grades, and then go 100% on TSA preparation and wider reading.
Yeah that sounds like a good plan - whelp gotta restart revision and getting ahead. let's goooo

I'll update later if I get higher predicted grades
wingedangel
Rep:
(Original post by asclepeion)
What counts as wack predicted grades?
as in B's and a C
elilast
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I will be honest: if you apply with Bs and a C on your UCAS they won't call you for interview and they'll just reject your application. Would recommend trying to increase your predicted grades to the E&M minimum grade requirements if you can!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads