mooseotter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone,

I am so confused what is included in which of the new areas for the South Thames deanery.

I saw that they are separating the deanery to South West London, South East London, West KSS, Central KSS, and North KSS but cannot find any information about which hospitals are Included within which section.

I was just getting my head around the London Links vs Continuity and C&C when they make this change? Also so close to FP applications! Please did anyone at a South Thames medical school get told more Information? I cannot find it anywhere!

Thanks!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
You can find it on Oriel now. Go to Vacancies and type in hospitals. All the old job line titles from previous years lead to blank results, but if you type in hospitals, you'll see things like St. George's, KCH and St. Thomas' F1/F2 programmes available. The change is probably in preparation for them splitting completely as that new med school has just opened up and will probably try and encourage people to stay in the area, rather than as a booby prize because they applied to South Thames to get into London and failed.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
that new med school has just opened up
Which one is that?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Which one is that?
Canterbury? I don't know the actual name.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
You can find it on Oriel now. Go to Vacancies and type in hospitals. All the old job line titles from previous years lead to blank results, but if you type in hospitals, you'll see things like St. George's, KCH and St. Thomas' F1/F2 programmes available. The change is probably in preparation for them splitting completely as that new med school has just opened up and will probably try and encourage people to stay in the area, rather than as a booby prize because they applied to South Thames to get into London and failed.
I emailed the South Thames Deanery to ask if there was any chance of a neurosurgery F2 rotation and they said..

"the F2 programmes are not available now because of the separation . The foundation director and the foundation school are working on posts and it will be released in Spring so that trainees can preference. I am unable to confirm now if there will be neurosurgery as we are still working on the data/posts with Trusts"
SussexA
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mooseotter)
Hey everyone,

I am so confused what is included in which of the new areas for the South Thames deanery.

I saw that they are separating the deanery to South West London, South East London, West KSS, Central KSS, and North KSS but cannot find any information about which hospitals are Included within which section.

I was just getting my head around the London Links vs Continuity and C&C when they make this change? Also so close to FP applications! Please did anyone at a South Thames medical school get told more Information? I cannot find it anywhere!

Thanks!
www.ukfpmap.com has a list of all the hospitals divided into the new South Thames blocks
BristolMed1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I emailed the South Thames Deanery to ask if there was any chance of a neurosurgery F2 rotation and they said..

"the F2 programmes are not available now because of the separation . The foundation director and the foundation school are working on posts and it will be released in Spring so that trainees can preference. I am unable to confirm now if there will be neurosurgery as we are still working on the data/posts with Trusts"
Yep same response I got. Massive disadvantage applying to South Thames this year, might consider changing my rankings because of this. Really poor from them
momo240
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So how does this work now if you apply to South Thames? Can you solely apply to the London South West and East Deaneries and leave out the KSS deaneries? It's confusing becasue on Oriel it's still under 'South Thames' as one deanery..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed