Computers, Maths, Cupcakes and Madness

Watch
Cupcakes12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by flaurie)
Ahhh congrats on the offer!!!!! :party: It’s always a relief to get the first one through :yep:

63 is a solid mark, you should be proud of that (esp with ~1 month to go!) Is it early November? Think it was around the 5th last year!

If you need any help with Maclaurin series I can try to help
Thank you 😁!
I feel like I can't stop grinning lol.

The MAT is on 3rd November (22 days!!) so I still have some time to prep
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cupcakes12)
Thank you 😁!
I feel like I can't stop grinning lol.

The MAT is on 3rd November (22 days!!) so I still have some time to prep
and rightly so! :grin:

that's nice, still quite a bit of time then :yes: i left my MAT prep pretty late last year Have you studied the Y2 series and sequences topic then?
Cupcakes12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by flaurie)
and rightly so! :grin:

that's nice, still quite a bit of time then :yes: i left my MAT prep pretty late last year Have you studied the Y2 series and sequences topic then?
yeah I have, but not in school. they were gonna move it forward in the year but then they couldn't, so I've just gone through the whole chapter in the textbook and done all examples and most of the exercises. thankfully it's quite an easy topic.
sadforsadboys
Badges: 18
?
Report 1 week ago
I got an offer!

I got an offer for Mathematics and Computer Science from the University of Birmingham!! I'm so excited!! It's for A*AA, which should be ok. But Birmingham is basically my top choice of uni, so I'm over the moon!!

Over the weekend I did a MAT mock (the 2018 paper) and I got 63%, which is ok. This week's MAT livestream is going through this paper so I should get clarification on the questions I didn't really understand, and if not I'll take it to my teacher on Friday.

I also started work on my further maths revision for the series test. I find the Maclaurin series stuff quite hard so it will take some work.

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
Congratulations!
Cupcakes12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by sadforsadboys)
Congratulations!
thanks
Cupcakes12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Aaaaah. I've not had a good day. :cry:

Tomorrow is my databases assessment for computing. I hope it goes well, I think I know SQL it's just the definitions and bits I'm not sure about.

I had further maths and my teacher sprung a test on us. I don't know why :confused: he thought it was a good idea . So now I have to revise Chi Squared Tests before Thursday. I also still have to revise for the series test on Friday as well.

I've been marking the MAT 2019 paper which at the time felt good. On question 1 I got 16/40 and I started marking question 2, it was a disaster so now I'm quite miserable and don't want to mark the rest. I do need to though. I think I will be doing plenty more practise before attempting another whole paper. I'm just so disappointed because I thought it was going well at the time.

The other thing bothering me is that I can't access my composition at all. This means all my music coursework has just ground to a halt. It's because the school haven't paid for this year's noteflight subscription yet for some reason so I can't do that at all.

My plan for tonight involves cramming databases definitions, starting revision on chi squared and finishing my further maths homework which is due tomorrow. I feel like I am normally so much more organised than this so I don't know what's going on with me.

Tags:
Spoiler:
Show
Cupcakes12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
More Offers Coming In!

Today I got 2 more offers! One from Leicester (Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence - AAB) and one from York (Mathematics / Computer Science - AAA). So now I've had offers from 3/5 unis, which is more than I would expect to have at this early date. The 3 I've had offers from include my top 2 unis as well.

Work wise I've watched a MAT livestream video. Honestly I find them so motivating and they encourage me to get so much done, so then I can comment and ask questions and stuff. Today I had a milkshake when I was doing it too which made me happy.

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  Snapchat-1609654570.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  234.7 KB

All the things that I was worried about on Monday seem so much better today. My music teacher has managed to get Noteflight back up and running which is a relief. I have done a further maths test and a computing test, leaving me with just one more tomorrow.

I feel like year 13 is an absolute rollercoaster, as one day I am like
and then the next day is like
but mostly

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
Auntie_Autie2019
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
More Offers Coming In!

Today I got 2 more offers! One from Leicester (Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence - AAB) and one from York (Mathematics / Computer Science - AAA). So now I've had offers from 3/5 unis, which is more than I would expect to have at this early date. The 3 I've had offers from include my top 2 unis as well.

Work wise I've watched a MAT livestream video. Honestly I find them so motivating and they encourage me to get so much done, so then I can comment and ask questions and stuff. Today I had a milkshake when I was doing it too which made me happy.

Spoiler:
Show

All the things that I was worried about on Monday seem so much better today. My music teacher has managed to get Noteflight back up and running which is a relief. I have done a further maths test and a computing test, leaving me with just one more tomorrow.

but mostly

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
Hiya!! :hi: Massive congratulations on your 3 Uni offers. And 2 being your top choices aswell. :happy2: Honestly that is so awesome.

I'm glad to hear the last few days have been better. Hopefully you have a good day tomorrow and then a nice weekend and half term.

Please could you tag me?

P. S My daughter LOVES sloths too.
P. P. S I also like Aldi milkshakes. :five:
Cupcakes12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Auntie_Autie2019)
Hiya!! :hi: Massive congratulations on your 3 Uni offers. And 2 being your top choices aswell. :happy2: Honestly that is so awesome.

I'm glad to hear the last few days have been better. Hopefully you have a good day tomorrow and then a nice weekend and half term.

Please could you tag me?

P. S My daughter LOVES sloths too.
P. P. S I also like Aldi milkshakes. :five:
Thank you! and of course I can tag you.

I don't think I'm gonna be doing any major updates until after half term (or maybe even until after the MAT exam, depending how I feel about it)
sadforsadboys
Badges: 18
?
Report 3 days ago
Congratulations on your offers!! :clap2:
_itstomz_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 minutes ago
More Offers Coming In!

Spoiler:
Show

but mostly

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
hey! Just read through your blog! its so interesting, Congrats on the 3 offers, wishing you the very best xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (295)
57.5%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (72)
14.04%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (57)
11.11%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (43)
8.38%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.9%

Watched Threads