The Student Room Group

PPE HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!(november and feb exams) (I am gonna be a New Year 11 student)

So as said by the title, i am going into y11 and desperately need help with it . In my june 2021 ppe’s , my results were ok, apart from my weakest subjects: math and science (got a grade 3. :frown: ) . I was wondering if anyone has got any revision tips or helpful places that will IMMEDIATELY boost my grades bcoz i understand this year is important so guys please please please leave your revision tips below that will change my grades FAST as i am worried to death of failing my ppe’s again . (Especially coz we dunno whats happenin w/ gcse’s again sue to covid)

Sorry for the rant :frown:

Thanks,
(edited 2 years ago)
firstly, don’t panic! you’ve still got plenty of time until you sit your gcses.
my favourite way to revise maths n sciences is practice papers! u can find them on the website ‘physics and maths tutor’ and also on the website of your exam board. i think one of the best ways to to prepare for exams is to learn the exam technique, so do past papers and mark them to see where you went wrong, and how you can improve.
practice questions are equally as useful and you can find them on the website i mentioned previously and in your textbooks/revision guides!
for sciences, you can learn key facts using flashcards, which you can make on paper or on websites such as quizlet and anki.
also use the specification! you can find it on the website for you exam board, and it will tell you exactly what you need to know for the exam so you can make sure you are revising the right stuff.

i wish you luck in year 11 and beyond :smile:
Doing loads of past papers is pretty much essential for any subject, especially science and maths! Memorize key terms in mark schemes and learn the patterns (this r e a l l y helped me in exam questions about experiments- learn every single term in mark schemes and know your variables!) Revision videos are also extremely helpful- science with hazel has great all-in-one videos that recap most of the content in the specs (I used them before mocks and it was a lot less stressful than going over all my notes). Freesciencelessons is pretty good too and mathsaurus has videos that focus on specific topics and includes walkthroughs of exam questions. Cognito is also amazing for understanding difficult concepts in science. In addition to YouTube, there are also great websites for revision such as physics and maths tutor, study rocket, Isaac physics, save my exams (their notes are a literal godsend-), quizlet, quizizz, brainscape and countless others!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest