The Student Room Group

A level choices

I’ve currently decided to do ICT, music and English language as A levels. I’m considering doing psychology as my fourth option. My options for fourth subject are physics, psychology, biology, philosophy and ethnics, Spanish, drama, health and social care, applied science, history, maths, media.
Considering my results and university courses, which one should I do as my fourth option?
My GCSEs are below:

Double Award science: CB
English language: A
English literature: C (did in year 10)
Maths: B
Numeracy: B
Music: A
ICT: A
Media: B
Welsh: C
NBQ: B
Why are you doing a fourth option?
You... don't need to do four options to get into presitigous universities (also are these pre-2019 GCSEs, why are they in letters not numbers? - also not sure if Numeracy is even an GCSE any more)
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Why are you doing a fourth option?
You... don't need to do four options to get into presitigous universities (also are these pre-2019 GCSEs, why are they in letters not numbers? - also not sure if Numeracy is even an GCSE any more)

I’m in Wales, but very close to England so Numeracy is still done. In Wales, they are still letters and not numbers yet. I finished my GCSEs this year. I’m worried that music and ICT aren’t thought of well enough to get into a good one.
Original post by James Glover
I’m in Wales, but very close to England so Numeracy is still done. In Wales, they are still letters and not numbers yet. I finished my GCSEs this year. I’m worried that music and ICT aren’t thought of well enough to get into a good one.

Well what do you want to do at university? Because if you want to do music... doing music A-Level would go towards that? It really does depend on your aspirations, there isn't a "one A-Level combination fits all"

Quick Reply

Latest