The Student Room Group

OCR chemistry a levels resources

I am going to do OCR chemistry for my a levels. Which books/ resources do you recommend? I find cgp books a bit tedious as a lot of information is crammed into a page which makes it a difficult read. I want A* obviously 😂
Which revision website is good for A*.
Physics and Maths Tutor - past papers and topic questions. Allery Chemistry on YouTube. I like CGP books because they follow the syllabus. Of course you can buy the actual textbooks, which I think waffle too much, but you get extra info from it.
Original post by flyn786
I am going to do OCR chemistry for my a levels. Which books/ resources do you recommend? I find cgp books a bit tedious as a lot of information is crammed into a page which makes it a difficult read. I want A* obviously 😂
Which revision website is good for A*.

For understanding a concept look on Chemrevise or Chemguide. To practice questions go through Physics & Maths Tutor.

There is no A* resources really, the A* comes from how well you understand and can apply your knowledge to situations. If you do want to challenge yourself in chemistry, then ask your teacher to put you into competitions such as the Chemistry Olympiad or the Cambridge Lower Sixth challenge, these competitions make you think outside the box with chemistry and really improve your application skills.

I’m going into Year13 but just following this helped me get predicted an A* in chemistry. Hope it helps.
Reply 3
Thanks guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest