The Student Room Group

Guys- do you actually like short girls?

Im 5’0 and I always get picked on for my small height, especially as I have a very petite figure and I look younger than I really am. Do men actually like short girls or is it all a myth? And why? I feel like there’s also this unnecessary competition between tall girls and short girls, and tbh I’d do anything to be tall, but I have tall friends saying they’d do anything to be short. Im just intrigued though, boys- what’s your opinion on short girls?

Scroll to see replies

A few girls from my high school are around your height and have been in relationships. I'm not quite 5'7" so you don't really dwarf someone of my height.

Height isn't something that bothers me, if a girl is under 4'10" or above 5'9" then that's out of my preferred range. As long as they don't look like a dwarf or a giraffe next to me, I'm cool.

As for people commenting on your height, they likely projecting their insecurities. Those opinions aren't worth your time.

You're made for a man, see it that way.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Im 5’0 and I always get picked on for my small height, especially as I have a very petite figure and I look younger than I really am. Do men actually like short girls or is it all a myth? And why? I feel like there’s also this unnecessary competition between tall girls and short girls, and tbh I’d do anything to be tall, but I have tall friends saying they’d do anything to be short. Im just intrigued though, boys- what’s your opinion on short girls?

Whatt? Short girls are beautiful if not even better than taller girls lol. Dont worry. I love yall
If you look balance it matter more than height, also mix clothes helps a lot, high shoes too.. many tall girl are just looking strange because they don't look balance so balancy is matters more imo. yk Ariana Grande is slightly same as you but she look good and I'm sure she gym alot also diet.. it also matter the weight and the face ofc.

guys usually have a preference but generally aren't fussy in the way that guys will have a preference for blondes or brunettes but not enough of one to make much practical difference in whom the guy ends up dating
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by myhairispeng
A few girls from my high school are around your height and have been in relationships. I'm not quite 5'7" so you don't really dwarf someone of my height.

Height isn't something that bothers me, if a girl is under 4'10" or above 5'9" then that's out of my preferred. As long as they don't look like a dwarf or a giraffe next to me, I'm cool.

As for people commenting on your height, they likely projecting their insecurities. Those opinions aren't worth your time.

You're made for a man, see it that way.

yeah but why? Why don’t guys prefer girls their own height, or taller girls? Ive never really understood that 😂
yeah but why? Why don’t guys prefer girls their own height, or taller girls? Ive never really understood that 😂

Men feel dominant with a shorter girl. Women feel protected with a taller guy. There are external influences too.
Reply 7
Original post by myhairispeng
Men feel dominant with a shorter girl. Women feel protected with a taller guy. There are external influences too.

yeah ig, but as a short girl, I wouldn’t mind dating a short guy or a tall guy. I’ve dated tall guys in the past and the height difference feels so weird, even when I’m wearing heels. I suppose being with a taller guy (5’11) did make me feel more protected, but then I start to question if I’m too short, and then we get here 😂
Sure if I was 5’3, 5’4, I’d look alright next to a taller guy but at 5’0 I’m literally desperate to grow a few inches 😂😂
Guys, have you ever met a girl and thought she was too short to date? I’ve seen threads where men where saying ‘the shorter the better’ but at the same time I’m not taken seriously because of my short height, ESPECIALLY when id be next to my tall previous partners. We’ve even been mistaken for brother and sister because of the height difference…
Reply 8
I couldn't care less. Tall, short or average doesn't bother me.
Yeah
short but not TOO short like below 5"
Have no preferences at all on height. 5ft might be a bit awkward in terms of practicalities but I 100% wouldn't turn someone down just because of that.
yeah ig, but as a short girl, I wouldn’t mind dating a short guy or a tall guy. I’ve dated tall guys in the past and the height difference feels so weird, even when I’m wearing heels. I suppose being with a taller guy (5’11) did make me feel more protected, but then I start to question if I’m too short, and then we get here 😂
Sure if I was 5’3, 5’4, I’d look alright next to a taller guy but at 5’0 I’m literally desperate to grow a few inches 😂😂
Guys, have you ever met a girl and thought she was too short to date? I’ve seen threads where men where saying ‘the shorter the better’ but at the same time I’m not taken seriously because of my short height, ESPECIALLY when id be next to my tall previous partners. We’ve even been mistaken for brother and sister because of the height difference…

Massive height differences can be an issue in the long run, but plenty are at peace with it. In this case you're just conscious and a bit insecure. A change of mentality would be good by reinforcing messages in your head that would throw those insecurities away.
Reply 13
Unless said girl is quite literally a dwarf i couldnt care less how tall, or not, she is. Although if she were over 6ft it might be a bit awkward having her tower over me :lol:
Original post by Senpai_UTAU
plotwist:all guys should know that petite girls go for guys with big pp (tall people)

This is not true.
Original post by rosy_posy
This is not true.

yeah i took that off
(edited 2 years ago)
yeah i took that off

as you should :colonhash:
To be honest...Yes and I already got a petite girl and she is hot ,i'm lucky that she sits next to me and also on the same table I always keep my distance(NOT COVID) just to give her space but randomly she is close to me . Now i just feel like she is on to me because im kind and generous and i actually simp for her

Simping=bad tho. I know that this is a 2 month old thread but I couldn't care less about a girl's height.
Original post by hungrysalamander
Simping=bad tho. I know that this is a 2 month old thread but I couldn't care less about a girl's height.

At least it's not a reactivated thread from 2006 :sigh:
I prefer girls that are short and don't weigh much so they're easy to pick up lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending