The Student Room Group

History - Russia (1801 - 1917)

Okay, so I am a few weeks away from Year 13 and I am working on my History NEA Coursework. My chosen topic is Russia and my question is as followed "Revolutionary activity was primary a result of Russia's participation in the war". Assess the validity of this view in the context of 1801 to 1917.

I have 4 wars which I am focusing on - Napoleonic Wars, Crimean War, Russo - Japanese War and World War 1. The research is fine apart from gaining sources and historian comments on the subjects. The other struggle is that I don't know how to write up the essay itself.

I am wondering if anyone has any websites or videos that will help me with historian comments as well as sources to use in the essay as well as a structure of how to write the essay itself. Thank you.
If, by "revolution", you're referring to the Russian Revolution, this article at https://libguides.ku.edu.tr/c.php?g=135270&p=4858589 should be your start.
Reply 2
Original post by SlaveofAll
If, by "revolution", you're referring to the Russian Revolution, this article at https://libguides.ku.edu.tr/c.php?g=135270&p=4858589 should be your start.

It is before the Revolution of 1917. Revolutionary activity as in social and political activity etc. Sorry if I didn't clarify enough.
Original post by Bailey555
It is before the Revolution of 1917. Revolutionary activity as in social and political activity etc. Sorry if I didn't clarify enough.

I see.

You will have to be very careful in defining what you mean by "revolutionary activity".

Your essay dates include 1917 so how can you omit the revolution if that year?
Okay, so I am a few weeks away from Year 13 and I am working on my History NEA Coursework. My chosen topic is Russia and my question is as followed "Revolutionary activity was primary a result of Russia's participation in the war". Assess the validity of this view in the context of 1801 to 1917.

I have 4 wars which I am focusing on - Napoleonic Wars, Crimean War, Russo - Japanese War and World War 1. The research is fine apart from gaining sources and historian comments on the subjects. The other struggle is that I don't know how to write up the essay itself.

I am wondering if anyone has any websites or videos that will help me with historian comments as well as sources to use in the essay as well as a structure of how to write the essay itself. Thank you.

Google scholar is a great source of history articles as well as peer reviewed articles to be used in history…writing an essay should be the easiest part as long as you are fine with the research… first you need to choose a format or the format instructed for use and stick to it including in referencing your work…secondly,making an outline of what to include in the essay will make your writing easy…make an outline of what to include in your introduction, body and in the conclusion…I hope this helps…incase you need more explanation or even samples i have written before, kindly inbox on the condition that my essays will onky be used to guide you in writing… thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending