Official Cardiff University Applicant thread 2022

Watch
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Cardiff University for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here
anastasiaxet
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How strict is cardiff with age requirements. They state I have to be 18 by ~20 September, but I won't turn 18 until the 20th of november
mannkaty0
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Cardiff University for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here
Hi, I'm Katy!
I'm applying for Optometry, and am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, History and the EPQ.
The only thing I'm slightly worried about with applying for Optometry is not doing Maths/Physics A-level so I wish I took one of them instead of History now .
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by anastasiaxet)
How strict is cardiff with age requirements. They state I have to be 18 by ~20 September, but I won't turn 18 until the 20th of november
Hey! I'd get in contact with Cardiff directly - if they say you need to be 18 by a certain date there is usually a reason for that and they may have to be strict. Give them a call just to be sure: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/help/contact-us

(Original post by mannkaty0)
Hi, I'm Katy!
I'm applying for Optometry, and am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, History and the EPQ.
The only thing I'm slightly worried about with applying for Optometry is not doing Maths/Physics A-level so I wish I took one of them instead of History now .
Hey Katy!

Good luck with your application It says on their website that you only need two out of the four science subjects, so with Bio and Chem you should be ok! Their entry requirements are here if you need them: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/unde.../optometry-bsc
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone! :hi:

I've accepted my place to study at Cardiff University this September to study Chemistry. If you have any questions about the UCAS process, applying to Cardiff specifically or applying for Chemistry, feel free to tag me, and I will respond as soon as I can. :yy:

Good luck with your applications! :hugs:

Shyleen
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 1 month ago
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
second year psychology student at cardiff, please feel free to ask me any questions and i'll try my best to answer them
Indililam1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi all! I'm applying a year behind as I took an extra year due to a close family bereavement so am quite nervous about applying!

Applying for G101 MSci Mathematics (MMath)

Current subjects: Mathematics (achieved A* last year), Further Maths, Economics, Financial Studies (also A* last year) and the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Skills Challenge.

Cardiff has always been my dream university so fingers crossed!
Last edited by Indililam1; 4 weeks ago
carolbessil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
second year psychology student at cardiff, please feel free to ask me any questions and i'll try my best to answer them
hi, I'm considering applying to the psychology course and was wondering how you feel about it? is it good? how are the classes? any regrets?
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by carolbessil)
hi, I'm considering applying to the psychology course and was wondering how you feel about it? is it good? how are the classes? any regrets?
i enjoyed first year and don't regret choosing cardiff- i had a few in person seminars which i found overall good but not always consistent as it depended on who was teaching the seminar group. essay feedback was given promptly and i found the workload manageable for first year. they're a tad slow w communicating and giving us things like timetables and exam marks/results though. found all my modules interesting and most of the lecturers were really good as well.
RosaToby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
HI, I am applying for music in Cardiff. If i get accepted it will be my first choice as I train in Cardiff.
Last edited by RosaToby; 4 weeks ago
alicej26
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have just submitted my application for Physiotherapy as a mature student! Very nervous!
Calibann
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alicej26)
I have just submitted my application for Physiotherapy as a mature student! Very nervous!
And me!
luke.j92
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm a student looking to do law at CU. Anyone else with me here?
Aathira N
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I'm Aathira 😊
I'm applying for optometry with a preliminary year because I do 2 btecs(health and social care and applied science) and an A-level (sociology). I understand these aren't typical subjects for optometry.and so that's why I'm applying for the preliminary year.
Oscarwyatt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi im Oscar Im applying for law and im currently doing History, English Language, Philosophy & Ethics and Creative media. My favourite thing about cardiff uni is the languages for all and welsh for all options, has anyone started/completed/seen how these run? Id love some opinions on it
emma174
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I'm Emma
I'm applying for neuroscience I'm currently doing Biology Chemistry and Physics A-level. I'm really struggling with my personal statement, does anyone have any tips?
alesiaa.xox
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by luke.j92)
I'm a student looking to do law at CU. Anyone else with me here?
Hi! I've applied to do Law as well
luke.j92
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by alesiaa.xox)
Hi! I've applied to do Law as well
check pms
chemluvrlol
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Hi everyone! :hi:

I've accepted my place to study at Cardiff University this September to study Chemistry. If you have any questions about the UCAS process, applying to Cardiff specifically or applying for Chemistry, feel free to tag me, and I will respond as soon as I can. :yy:

Good luck with your applications! :hugs:

Shyleen
Hi! Have you got any tips for writing a personal statement?? I would also like to do chemistry in Cardiff!
Last edited by chemluvrlol; 1 week ago
YourPalTal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Heya!
I'm looking to go to Cardiff University in September 2022 to study music! I just wanted to pop onto the thread to say hi because it never hurts to talk to other people who are in the same boat to apply.

I live in one of the London boroughs so it's definitely a far journey but if I can get in then I'd love to go.
I currently study Music, History and Film Studies at A-Level!

It'll be nice to speak to people
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (151)
54.91%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.82%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.27%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.45%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.82%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.73%

Watched Threads