The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Anyone got accepted into Durham University with a low LNAT?

I want to apply to Durham University but I'm worried about the LNAT as people have said previously that it's hard and not easy. Has anyone got accepted into Durham with a low LNAT?
I got accepted somehow even though I only got 18 on the LNAT. I also read somewhere that Durham focuses more on the essay portion of the LNAT so I think you should focus on that first and foremost. I think it worked for me!
(edited 2 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by averageadrian
I got accepted somehow even though I only got 18 on the LNAT. I also read somewhere that Durham focuses more on the essay portion of the LNAT so I think you should focus on that first and foremost. I think it worked for me!

I feel like I might get like 8 or something because the terminology of words is hard for me to understand even though I want to go to Durham University. I don't know what to do really.
Original post by DeItaReality
I feel like I might get like 8 or something because the terminology of words is hard for me to understand even though I want to go to Durham University. I don't know what to do really.

Well you've still got plenty of time to read books about it and do practice LNAT questions online. I really wouldn't stress about it at this point. Terminology of words is difficult for me too, reading tests in primary were a nightmare but for every tricky set of questions there's one that's fairly easy so you'll be fine
o

Well you've still got plenty of time to read books about it and do practice LNAT questions online. I really wouldn't stress about it at this point. Terminology of words is difficult for me too, reading tests in primary were a nightmare but for every tricky set of questions there's one that's fairly easy so you'll be fine

doesnt the LNAT start on the 1st of september so i prob wont have time to study.
o

doesnt the LNAT start on the 1st of september so i prob wont have time to study.

Yeah starts in September but you don't have to do it immediately and if you do it late it won't have any bearing on whether you get accepted. I did mine on January 13th when the deadline for LNAT was around January 18th iirc and I got 18/42 with only a day of preparation (I was an idiot). But somehow I'm going into Durham next month. So yeah, you have plenty of time to study and prepare
(edited 2 years ago)
Yeah starts in September but you don't have to do it immediately and if you do it late it won't have any bearing on whether you get accepted. I did mine on January 13th when the deadline for LNAT was around January 18th iirc and I got 18/42 with only a day of preparation (I was an idiot). But somehow I'm going into Durham next month. So yeah, you have plenty of time to study and prepare

Did they give you any feedback on your LNAT and do you know what other people got as well considering you only got 18/42? Are you applying this year as well?
The average score for the year was 20.8. Most people on here seemed to get around 21-28 iirc. You get no feedback on the LNAT, just the result and no I'm not applying for LNAT again, it's a one and done deal
Did they give you any feedback on your LNAT and do you know what other people got as well considering you only got 18/42?

Way to go in making him feel better about it :laugh:
Reply 9
i got 20 and im really surprised i even got an offer from durham with that score... makes me wish i could read my essay again (if it really is where it counts the most)if you have time just keep practising hard for the lnat (i recommend a site like arbitio) and good luck!!
Original post by sscrubbe
i got 20 and im really surprised i even got an offer from durham with that score... makes me wish i could read my essay again (if it really is where it counts the most)if you have time just keep practising hard for the lnat (i recommend a site like arbitio) and good luck!!

If you do not mind sharing, what were your GCSE results? I am feeling very sceptical with regards to my application as I have attained two grade 5's.
i took the singapore gcses (a.k.a gce o levels) so the grading system might be a little different. my breakdown was three A1s (i think the equivalent of a 9?) , one A2 (an 8?), two B3s (7? not sure) and a B4(probably 6)sorry! i'm not too familiar with the gcse grading system so i cant tell you if getting any grade 5s affects your durham application or not. if memory serves durham doesn't have any gcse requirements so i doubt your gcse grades will have any impact on your application. (keep in mind im probably wrong though so please feel free to do some googling) hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending