The Student Room Group

How do I know if I am eligible for a master's programme?

Hi,

I am about to start a Biochemistry degree at QMUL and I am thinking ahead in terms of post grad study. The process of applying for post grad confuses me because (apologies if I have got this wrong), you need to apply for funding and possibly have an idea for a research project?

None of my family members have been to university, so I am not familiar with how post graduate applications work (sorry if I sound dumb).

How do I know if I am eligible for a post grad programme such as a Master's. I am hoping to pursue Biomedical Research at Imperial, but I don't know if my under grad would allow me to apply to Imperial because they require a 2:1 in an 'appropriate subject' (no idea what that means).

I also have a friend who is about to study Medical Genetics and she is equally confused about her eligibility to post grad programmes like this. What exactly is a life science and am I eligible.

(Thank you for sticking around!)
Yes your degree is appropriate. All your questions are answered on the course page which even has an hour-long video.

You're planning too far ahead though. For now just focus on getting a First in years one and two to maximise your chances of funding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending