The Student Room Group

Excuse me, which movie best reflects British traditional culture?

for example, ninja culture and Bushido culture influence the behavior of Japanese people in society, so movies about ninjas are the movies that best reflect Japanese traditional culture.
Or, Chinese swordsmen culture influences the words and deeds of Chinese people in society, so Chinese swordsmen film is the film that best reflects Chinese traditional culture.
Or, take a series of Marvel movies as an example , American traditional culture is heroism, and heroism culture influences the words and deeds of Americans in society, so movies about heroism are the movies that best embody traditional American culture.
which british film best reflects British traditional culture (especially old movies)?
ninjatop.jpg
下载.jpeg
SUPERMAN2050.jpg
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Zulu

Dambusters

A Bridge Too Far

The Great Escape
(edited 2 years ago)
Any of the Mr. Bean films!

That and Paddington!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Scum
The Carry On movies.
Particularly: Carry on Henry, Carry on Camping, Carry on Doctor, Carry on Nurse and Carry On Loving. :giggle:
Original post by gjd800
Scum

thats harsh they were only asking:frown:
I, Daniel Blake
This is England

Trainspotting
Reply 8
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Original post by londonmyst
The Carry On movies.
Particularly: Carry on Henry, Carry on Camping, Carry on Doctor, Carry on Nurse and Carry On Loving. :giggle:

thank you:smile:
Original post by Drewski
Zulu

Dambusters

A Bridge Too Far

The Great Escape

thanks
Original post by Scienceisgood
Any of the Mr. Bean films!

That and Paddington!

thank you
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I, Daniel Blake

Original post by Trilobite.
This is England

Trainspotting

thank you
Original post by mqb2766

thank you
Reply 15
Original post by willwongeleven53
for example, ninja culture and Bushido culture influence the behavior of Japanese people in society, so movies about ninjas are the movies that best reflect Japanese traditional culture.
Or, Chinese swordsmen culture influences the words and deeds of Chinese people in society, so Chinese swordsmen film is the film that best reflects Chinese traditional culture.
Or, take a series of Marvel movies as an example , American traditional culture is heroism, and heroism culture influences the words and deeds of Americans in society, so movies about heroism are the movies that best embody traditional American culture.
which british film best reflects British traditional culture (especially old movies)?
ninjatop.jpg
下载.jpeg
SUPERMAN2050.jpg

Monty python and the Holy grail
And it's absolutely hallarious
agreed with This is England
also Nil By Mouth for more serious films

Sean of the Dead and Hot Fuzz for comedic British films
Original post by 1ris

thanks
Original post by mqb2766

I've seen this movie, and the ending of the movie is - King Arthur is finally caught by the police. After watching the movie, I felt at a loss. What do you think is the character of this movie? What kind of traditional British culture does this film express?
Original post by 1ris

I've seen this movie, and the ending of the movie is - King Arthur is finally caught by the police. After watching the movie, I felt at a loss. What do you think is the character of this movie? What kind of traditional British culture does this film express?

Quick Reply

Latest