The Student Room Group

Exam boards Geography

So I do edexcel geography but I was just wondering what is the difference between all of the exam boards? Would I be able to use revision materials from like OCR for example or exam questions at least?
Original post by Ge_orgia
So I do edexcel geography but I was just wondering what is the difference between all of the exam boards? Would I be able to use revision materials from like OCR for example or exam questions at least?

The difference would probably be that there are some additional information that some examboards expect you to write compared to others.

Therefore if you do OCR questions I think you will be confused by the questions and markscheme.

I did Aqa Geography and I have seen that Edexcel Geography book is bigger than ours from my other friend.

The reasons you do exam questions is to get used to the format so that's why I would stick to your own examboard.

However, there is no harm in trying - if you think you want a challenge then go for it.

Just don't get confused as it wil risk you loosing marks in your Edexcel paper. Hope it helps :smile:
The question format may be different so watch out for that - you could always use the ocr/AQA questions as inspo for making your own (edexcel) exam style questions :smile:

If the content in the revision material looks the same then by all means use it!
Reply 3
Great, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending