The Student Room Group

London Underground

I am an international student coming to LSE this year. I am having trouble discerning the actual commute times from different potential accommodations to the school as Google Maps and TFL give different commute times. From the Blackhorse Road Station, how long do you estimate it would take to get to the Holborn Station?
Original post by Anonymous
I am an international student coming to LSE this year. I am having trouble discerning the actual commute times from different potential accommodations to the school as Google Maps and TFL give different commute times. From the Blackhorse Road Station, how long do you estimate it would take to get to the Holborn Station?

I’d recommend downloading the Citymapper app - it’s really good for using in London and generally quite up to date. I just used it and it says 23 minutes between those two stations (but that of course doesn’t include any travel either end of those stations to complete your journey).
Reply 2
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
I’d recommend downloading the Citymapper app - it’s really good for using in London and generally quite up to date. I just used it and it says 23 minutes between those two stations (but that of course doesn’t include any travel either end of those stations to complete your journey).

Thank you so much!
Original post by Anonymous

Are you looking at Canvas or Mannequin House?
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_

I second this! I use Citymapper all the time and it gives you loads of alternative ways to travel along with estimated costs too. By far the easiest way to find your way in London:smile:

Lucy
If you are already settled in I would suggest taking trips to and from different places just to ‘feel the journey’
It will make it less intimidating when it is rush hour and you have an idea where the platform/ exit is when you need to travel on the day
Im saying this as someone that’s been in London my whole life lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending