The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Hairy lady

Hi everyone. Question

Are there ladies here who let their body hair grow ?
Are there more people here who like body hair ?

Why are people so grossed out by body hair. It's something natural. All women/ladies/girls grow body hair. Some just grow more than others. I personally really hate the so called social construct of beauty put up by media and society. Many women get insecure because of it... I often ask. Why is it considered to be gross. What's gross if you wash it. Why isn't it gross on men ? Why is it considered to be unfeminine ? It's something natural. All women grow it. Some even have more than man who grow very little. I'm trying to spread some positivity and awareness. No shave no shame
Omg I have been waiting for months for someone to say this, I have really thick hair growth and plus I have black hair so it's really visible but I don't shave my arms or bikini and I used to feel really self conscious but now I've realised that it's literally just hair and that it's really doesn't matter, ik that some people won't be attracted to me but ultimately it's my choice not theirs.
I may have said this to you on here before, but I agree - there is nothing wrong or unattractive about female body hair. My wife has a huge pubic bush which spreads to her upper legs and also has a thick line to her navel. She sometimes shaves it, sometimes doesn’t. I don’t mind either way. She also has very hairy armpits which she hasn’t shaved for years - I love them. Our daughter is 16 and is just as hairy and doesn’t mind at all. I feel if more women sported their body hair then it may lead to men becoming more understanding of the fact that there is nothing wrong with it.
Original post by 135Peter
I may have said this to you on here before, but I agree - there is nothing wrong or unattractive about female body hair. My wife has a huge pubic bush which spreads to her upper legs and also has a thick line to her navel. She sometimes shaves it, sometimes doesn’t. I don’t mind either way. She also has very hairy armpits which she hasn’t shaved for years - I love them. Our daughter is 16 and is just as hairy and doesn’t mind at all. I feel if more women sported their body hair then it may lead to men becoming more understanding of the fact that there is nothing wrong with it.

So true... Many women/girls do support body hair growth but they don't let it grow on themselves.. such a shame..
Reply 4
Original post by Bodypositivity
Hi everyone. Question

Why are people so grossed out by body hair. It's something natural. All women/ladies/girls grow body hair. Some just grow more than others. I personally really hate the so called social construct of beauty put up by media and society. Many women get insecure because of it... I often ask. Why is it considered to be gross. What's gross if you wash it. Why isn't it gross on men ? Why is it considered to be unfeminine ? It's something natural. All women grow it. Some even have more than man who grow very little. I'm trying to spread some positivity and awareness. No shave no shame

probably for the same reason that many women find very hairy men gross... (contrary to what you believe)
This is simply how society as a whole views the female ideal, im not sure why youve called it a 'so called social construct' as that is exactly what it is..? Its been this way for centuries so its not exactly a novelty that in western society women shaving has been considered the ideal, in particular in the last century and with the american ideal of women being bald as a china doll.
Then again, no one is forcing you or any other woman to shave so at the end of the day its on you if you shave or not.
proper filthy stuff
Original post by alfie deen
proper filthy stuff

Why?
It isn't an attractive look. Armpit hair, hair in vaginal area, leg hair.. In most cases it just looks unhygienic. But you can still be beautiful with body hair...

For the desperate man, he's have sex with anything.
Taste and thoughts differ

But calling body hair unhygienic or unfeminine is just plain BS.

It's natural
Original post by Anonymous
It isn't an attractive look. Armpit hair, hair in vaginal area, leg hair.. In most cases it just looks unhygienic. But you can still be beautiful with body hair...

For the desperate man, he's have sex with anything.

Why on earth is body hair unhygienic? That makes no sense.
People say body hair on women is unhygienic.

Why isnt it unhygienic on men then ?
Hi everyone. Question

No shave no shame ladies :smile:
Hi everyone. Question

Anyone ?
Feel free to pm me
Hi everyone. Question

Love and embrace your body hair
It's pure natural beauty :wink:

14079831_1115779685165271_7767759560513548852_n.jpg9a1e20e4985d2ea2988a6e865f5dfb8d.jpg
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi everyone. Question

Uppp
Hi everyone. Question

Bumpbump

Latest