The Student Room Group
Most premier inns don’t have air conditioning just heating. If the room is hot it’s because the weather is hot and you need to open the window and ask for a fan.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Most premier inns don’t have air conditioning just heating. If the room is hot it’s because the weather is hot and you need to open the window and ask for a fan.

The fan just gives warm air
Original post by Anonymous
The fan just gives warm air

yes - that's what fans do. They move air around (and in most premier inns they're heaters NOT air conditioners).

Open the window or speak to the staff
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
yes - that's what fans do. They move air around (and in most premier inns they're heaters NOT air conditioners).

Open the window or speak to the staff

I'm going to get my money back
Reply 5
Original post by PQ

I regularly stay in Premier Inns. Most of the ones I stay in have aircon, which you can regulate between 19C and 24C.
Reply 6
Original post by meddad
I regularly stay in Premier Inns. Most of the ones I stay in have aircon, which you can regulate between 19C and 24C.

I'm starting to think they are low-key trying to kill people to help get the world population down
Original post by meddad

It depends on the location/building - if they have windows that can't be opened then there's air con but the majority have open-able windows and no air con.

The control panel for the heating looks the same in rooms with no aircon as the aircon controls.
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
It depends on the location/building - if they have windows that can't be opened then there's air con but the majority have open-able windows and no air con.

The control panel for the heating looks the same in rooms with no aircon as the aircon controls.

I've been to a few an its too hot in the majority of them I've been
Reply 9
Original post by PQ

I've recently stayed in Dorset a couple of times...... 10 out of the 14 premier inns that came up on the search have air conditioning.
We have stayed in many premier inns and almost all of them have had air conditioning.
Original post by meddad
I've recently stayed in Dorset a couple of times...... 10 out of the 14 premier inns that came up on the search have air conditioning.

well yes - the hotels that are in town centres (and so noisy areas or at a height) are more likely to have aircon. The out of town ones don't.
Hub By Premier Inn is what you need to book
Reply 13
Original post by PQ

You can't open the windows in most of the Premier Inns! It's incredibly unhealthy. Fresh air (not conditioned air) is essential for good sleep and good health. More importantly, goodness knows how you get out if there's a fire and the corridors are blocked. I've emailed both Premier Inn and Travelodge to highlight the dangers but no response. Will we have to wait for a disaster before someone listens?

Latest