Some money tips for my junior brothers and sisters!!

Watch
GauthMath_Loan
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
It's always good to make good habits early. They will definitely help you in the long run.
You should always keep a track of your budget. Using tools like Excel, budgeting applications, or even pen and paper, you can start saving some money. Teaching juniors is a good way to earn money.
Not many investments you can do due to legal restrictions but you can still save cash.
Attached files
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by GauthMath_Loan)
It's always good to make good habits early. They will definitely help you in the long run.
You should always keep a track of your budget. Using tools like Excel, budgeting applications, or even pen and paper, you can start saving some money. Teaching juniors is a good way to earn money.
Not many investments you can do due to legal restrictions but you can still save cash.
Renting is always better than buying?

Surely someone gotta own whats rented?
Boonana
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Limit your social life to the extent where you enjoy with your friends but not spend too much time and money. Borrow books instead of buying. Attend events with free food. Become very aware of the free stuff that your school offers and take full advantage of it. Cook your own food, and brew your own coffee. And look for ways to have fun that don’t involve buying drinks from a coffee shops. Drinks are great, but $7 a pint is a great way to go broke super quick.
GauthMath_Loan
Rep:
(Original post by Quady)
Renting is always better than buying?

Surely someone gotta own whats rented?
As a student, things that cost the most will be course books. If you can rent the book to study a certain topic for a week to pass your exams, you can save a lot of money. That's just personal opinion coming from a college graduate. College books are very expensive.
GauthMath_Loan
Rep:
(Original post by Boonana)
Limit your social life to the extent where you enjoy with your friends but not spend too much time and money. Borrow books instead of buying. Attend events with free food. Become very aware of the free stuff that your school offers and take full advantage of it. Cook your own food, and brew your own coffee. And look for ways to have fun that don’t involve buying drinks from a coffee shops. Drinks are great, but $7 a pint is a great way to go broke super quick.
Exactly my thoughts. As a student, I have always found myself in shortage of funds. These small steps just help to reduce the tension in the monthly budget.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by GauthMath_Loan)
As a student, things that cost the most will be course books. If you can rent the book to study a certain topic for a week to pass your exams, you can save a lot of money. That's just personal opinion coming from a college graduate. College books are very expensive.
Ah right, for me a laptop cost more. Course books came free with the course.
GauthMath_Loan
Rep:
(Original post by Quady)
Ah right, for me a laptop cost more. Course books came free with the course.
Different people, different problems. LOL
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Who exactly are juniors?
GauthMath_Loan
Rep:
(Original post by Napp)
Who exactly are juniors?
Anyone less than my age.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.62%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.72%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.81%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.22%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (252)
48.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.44%

Watched Threads