What are some not hard to understand, beginner philosophy books for teenagers?

Watch this thread
Boonana
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm 17 and I just wanna get into philosophy so can you guys recommend some books that are rather easy to understand
PandaPancake0
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
Sophie's world was a real delight and an entertaining and engaging introduction to philosophy.

Old spec AS and A2 philosophy books are actually really quite good for the fundamentals of ethics and philosophy of religion.

Very short introduction series are good covering multiple areas of philosophy.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Nigel Warburton's stuff.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Jean Haner
gjd800
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Jean Haner
I feel like we have had this convo before, but Haner resolutely is not a philosopher
Last edited by gjd800; 8 months ago
Caz1234567
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
My ethics teacher recommended to my class to read "the ones who walk away from omelas" as a quick introduction to utilitarianism. Some of Carl Jung's work is pretty interesting but I guess that it's more psychology related. Hope this helps!

(Original post by Boonana)
I'm 17 and I just wanna get into philosophy so can you guys recommend some books that are rather easy to understand
the bear
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Philosophy for Dummies

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philosophy-.../dp/0470688203
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
idk, I just watch youtube videos about philosophy sometimes- einzelganger or school of life. The books are too hard to understand for me and I dont have the attention span for books.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.8%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.28%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.52%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (23)
17.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.55%

Watched Threads