what are the signs of MLM ( prymird scheme) company

Watch
devil.
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
so I was offered a position with a company that focuses on marketing and advertisement called Sälja.

They email me saying that saw my CV on a job board site I would like to schedule an interview. The first round of the interview was a group interview zoom, where they explain the company, goals, etc. After that, they required me to complete some kind of questionnaire ( which i did).

The final round of the interview was a group interview but with 2 candidates and the interviewer was the hiring manager, they told me that they focus on indirect marketing and help other big brands get customers. also, the role is performance-based salary and i don't need to invest my own money. After that interview, they gave me another questionnaire to fill out ( which i did). they explained to me the structure and how to progress to be at the top.

I literally can't find any information about the company that offered me a position. they have their own website, LinkedIn, and have an office in US and yet don't have any pieces of information
Last edited by devil.; 4 months ago
volttackle
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Tbh this does seem suspicious - you should usually be able to find out a lot of information about the company on the internet. However, it's unlikely it's an MLM because they almost always make you invest your own money in to the business.

Companies can operate with a hierarchy-type system without being a predatory MLM. Try your best to look on the internet more, try finding clients who have had experience working with the company, etc. If you can't find anything, that's a bit of a red flag.
devil.
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by volttackle)
Tbh this does seem suspicious - you should usually be able to find out a lot of information about the company on the internet. However, it's unlikely it's an MLM because they almost always make you invest your own money in to the business.

Companies can operate with a hierarchy-type system without being a predatory MLM. Try your best to look on the internet more, try finding clients who have had experience working with the company, etc. If you can't find anything, that's a bit of a red flag.
unfortunately, I think this company operates under an MLM scheme. the reason for this is that there is another marketing agency that has the same postal address but a different director or ceo as well as the director of the marketing agency that offered me a position as another director of another company.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by devil.)
so I was offered a position with a company that focuses on marketing and advertisement called Sälja.

They email me saying that saw my CV on a job board site I would like to schedule an interview. The first round of the interview was a group interview zoom, where they explain the company, goals, etc. After that, they required me to complete some kind of questionnaire ( which i did).

The final round of the interview was a group interview but with 2 candidates and the interviewer was the hiring manager, they told me that they focus on indirect marketing and help other big brands get customers. also, the role is performance-based salary and i don't need to invest my own money. After that interview, they gave me another questionnaire to fill out ( which i did). they explained to me the structure and how to progress to be at the top.

I literally can't find any information about the company that offered me a position. they have their own website, LinkedIn, and have an office in US and yet don't have any pieces of information
It wont be an MLM but it will be a door-to-door sales role paid commission only. Good chance you'll never earn enough to make minimum wage. Avoid.
momo3HC
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Mainly may be in referrals.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

I agree with Reue here - it sounds like commission-only sales. You're not going to make any money from this.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
I agree with Reue here - it sounds like commission-only sales. You're not going to make any money from this.
ive always found such jobs odd, the ones that pay commission only, wouldnt they fall foul of minimum wage requirements?
I remember interviewing for one when i was just out of school and it was only when i was about to put pen to paper that they actually said you dont get squat if you dont get people to sign up.. needless to say i walked out the door :lol: An ironic business model ass they notionally worked on behalf of charities :rolleyes:
ndoshi31
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
unfortunately, I think this company operates under an MLM scheme. the reason for this is that there is another marketing agency that has the same postal address but a different director or ceo as well as the director of the marketing agency that offered me a position as another director of another company.
hey man was the other agency called Lemon Events? I applied to Salja and Lemon Events and both companies had the same introductory videos so I could tell something wasn't right there. The emails they sent seemed really fishy too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads