The Student Room Group

English LangLit A level

I’m going into year 12 and I picked langlit as one of my subject choices for September . Does anyone have any tips for this particular subject , and could anyone who has taken it tell me if they liked it or how their journey went ?
Original post by Lauren5__
I’m going into year 12 and I picked langlit as one of my subject choices for September . Does anyone have any tips for this particular subject , and could anyone who has taken it tell me if they liked it or how their journey went ?

I didn't do 'langlit' but I am doing Language and Literature as 2 separate subjects so I cannot give syllabus specific advice and must stick to the general tips.
I would say that it is important that you like the subject that you are doing. And being on good terms with your teacher is always helpful, especially in a subject like this that requires a lot of discourse.
Also, try to read a lot, although since you picked this subject, chances are that you already do.
Finally, and most importantly, become good at expressing yourself. This can be done by writing a lot or just talking to yourself (which is something I constantly do). This helps you to clearly communicate your point in the essays that you have to write, but it is also a useful life skill outside of the syllabus. It is always an asset to have the ability to express yourself well.
I hope this helps. I could go into more depth and subject specific tips if you need me to, but I honestly have no clue what your syllabus contains:biggrin:.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest